can somebody please help me?!?!

ok, i'm a student studying IPT at high school and i have to make a interactive game in delphi but i have a little problem, i need a bit of help with randomization. what i have planned to do is have a game which simulates a game of blackjack. the main form is where the game takes place. i have made 44 cards (not the full amount for simplicity reasons) and i would just like to know how i would load them into my application and then create a code that would randomly choose the cards. firstly, i need 2 cards, then a extra card for each time the player hits the 'hit' button. i hope someone out there can help me cause i'm not that great at programming and could really use the help...
please reply to me at modena_spider@hotmail.com if you can help me at all, thanks heaps :)

Comments

• : ok, i'm a student studying IPT at high school and i have to make a interactive game in delphi but i have a little problem, i need a bit of help with randomization. what i have planned to do is have a game which simulates a game of blackjack. the main form is where the game takes place. i have made 44 cards (not the full amount for simplicity reasons) and i would just like to know how i would load them into my application and then create a code that would randomly choose the cards. firstly, i need 2 cards, then a extra card for each time the player hits the 'hit' button. i hope someone out there can help me cause i'm not that great at programming and could really use the help...
    : please reply to me at modena_spider@hotmail.com if you can help me at all, thanks heaps :)
    :

Look up Random and Randomize in Delphi's help.

example:

Random(4) returns a random number from 0 to 3

• Hi,
    Here is some source code for blackjack....check it out for examples.

http://www.radix.net/~bziegler/Delphi/bj.zip
    Black Jack Simulator. Simulates a blackjack strategy with card counting. Options for different rules, decks, etc.

have fun but work hard..... we don't want to turn this into a homework forum :-)

[blue][b][size=2]~:@xlege@se:~[/size=2][/b][/blue]