Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Program for Z86E04

Is there anyone would to share a sample code for programming this kind of microprocessor particularly in C language? I'm new to embedded development but I know how C works. It would greatly help me alot. I'll be doing a billboard where the microprocessor will handle the display of 12 8x5 matrix led display. Also the data to be displayed will come from the pc's printer port. I know how to send data through it but I don't have knowledge if there's need for timing with the microprocessor because I will be sending a string of chars. to be be displayed on the billboard. Your advice will greatly help me alot. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• XSGauthierXSGauthier Posts: 13Member
    : Is there anyone would to share a sample code for programming this kind of microprocessor particularly in C language? I'm new to embedded development but I know how C works. It would greatly help me alot. I'll be doing a billboard where the microprocessor will handle the display of 12 8x5 matrix led display. Also the data to be displayed will come from the pc's printer port. I know how to send data through it but I don't have knowledge if there's need for timing with the microprocessor because I will be sending a string of chars. to be be displayed on the billboard. Your advice will greatly help me alot. Thanks in advance.
    :

interfacing to the parallel port is a very simple task. if you are interested i have developped a very simple system to interface microcontrollers to parallel printer ports. It uses a 75 cents shift register and only 3 pins of your favorite microcontroller.

I would recommend you to use assembly language because of its compactness and speed of execution.