Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Serial to IP Convertor

Hi,

I have very new to this field.
Problem description :

I have an application which is communicating with a serial device connecting on the same machine.Now i want to communicate with the same device that is connected to the remote m/c. I can not modify the code of the application. I want to capture the data application is sending to the serial port.How can i get data from the serial port? When the application is writing some data on the serial port i want to capture that data and send it to remote machine.

regards,
Gaurav

Comments

• XSGauthierXSGauthier Member Posts: 13
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have very new to this field.
    : Problem description :
    :
    : I have an application which is communicating with a serial device connecting on the same machine.Now i want to communicate with the same device that is connected to the remote m/c. I can not modify the code of the application. I want to capture the data application is sending to the serial port.How can i get data from the serial port? When the application is writing some data on the serial port i want to capture that data and send it to remote machine.
    :
    : regards,
    : Gaurav
    :
    The trapping method you may use is operating system dependant. Are you using Linux, DOS, Windows, etc?
  • sonu_indiasonu_india Member Posts: 5
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have very new to this field.
    : : Problem description :
    : : I have an application which is communicating with a serial device connecting on the same machine.Now i want to communicate with the same device that is connected to the remote m/c. I can not modify the code of the application. I want to capture the data application is sending to the serial port.How can i get data from the serial port? When the application is writing some data on the serial port i want to capture that data and send it to remote machine.
    : : regards,
    : : Gaurav
    : The trapping method you may use is operating system dependant. Are you using Linux, DOS, Windows, etc?
    :
    I am using Linux . Thanks for your help and support .
    regards,
    Gaurav