Visual C++ 6.0 problem

when i compile any Win32 APP i get all these errors, i originally downloaded it off the internet and just downloaded the Service Pack 5 and it still didn't help, i really would like to use Visual C++ but if it won't work i'll have to find something else, and suggestions as to how i can fix my problems, one of the most occuring error is "enexpected end while looking for precompiled header" thanks

Comments

• It would appear to be that you have chosen say the console win32 style app and then tried to make it a full win32 application. Also look at your precompiled header and make sure that the file is ended correctly. You can also do a full rebuild of the project to destroy and rebuild the precompiled header.
    [hr]
    When it came down to it I dropped everything and ran.
    -Ramza Final Fantasy Tactics

• : It would appear to be that you have chosen say the console win32 style app and then tried to make it a full win32 application. Also look at your precompiled header and make sure that the file is ended correctly. You can also do a full rebuild of the project to destroy and rebuild the precompiled header.
    : [hr]
    : When it came down to it I dropped everything and ran.
    : -Ramza Final Fantasy Tactics
    :
    :
    [blue]Try to switch precompiled headers off and rebuild.
    Project->Settings->C/C++ tab->Category: Precompiled Headers[/blue]
  • : : It would appear to be that you have chosen say the console win32 style app and then tried to make it a full win32 application. Also look at your precompiled header and make sure that the file is ended correctly. You can also do a full rebuild of the project to destroy and rebuild the precompiled header.
    : : [hr]
    : : When it came down to it I dropped everything and ran.
    : : -Ramza Final Fantasy Tactics
    : :
    : :
    : [blue]Try to switch precompiled headers off and rebuild.
    : Project->Settings->C/C++ tab->Category: Precompiled Headers[/blue]
    :
    thanks a lot this solved all my problems!, now i'll stick with VC++. thanks
  • [blue]Create a header file for all your headers and defines, etc. I usually call it [b]All.h[/b]:

ALL.H:
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include
    #include

// add some of your additional stuff here.... macros, defines, etc.
    #define MYINST GetModuleHandle(NULL)
    #define WRECT(rc) ((rc).right - (rc).left)
    // etc...

Now, always add this file BEFORE any other line in your CPP files:

MODULE1.CPP:
    #include "All.h"
    #include "Module1.h"
    // ...more...

MODULE2.CPP:
    #include "All.h"
    #include "Module2.h"
    // ...more...

...etc.

Now, go: Project->Settings->C/C++->Category: Precompiled Headers->Check 'Automatic use of precompiled headers' and type 'All.h' inside 'Through Header:' box.

Now, watch the speed of your rebuild!

P.S. You can try to call this ALL.H as STDAFX.H and see what happens. I had problems with that once. Looks like VC++ thinks this STDAFX.H name should have some kind of 'special' treatment.[/blue]