Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

XSL Title help

SteegeSteege Member Posts: 3
This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    :
    :
    :

I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• SteegeSteege Member Posts: 3
    : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : :
    :
    : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    :
    :
    :
    : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip
    :

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : : :
    : : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    : : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip

If you want to add an attribute to a tag, you can do something like this:

[code]
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

[/code]

The xsl:attribute tag in this case will add it's contents to an attribute named "title" in the inclosing td node.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

• SteegeSteege Member Posts: 3
    : : : : This is the basic of what I am trying to do. I am formating a table in a xsl. One of the fields is a project description. Since discriptions are often long this is not desirable. what I would like to do is Display the description in the title attribute of the project name. which is another td in the table. Does anyone know how or if I can do this.
    : : : :
    : : : I'm not sure what the problem here is. You have an xml file of projects information and you want a stylesheet to make it an HTML table?
    : : : What i would like to do is when the user hovers over the td cell for the project name, the project description would show up in the title. kind of like using a tool tip
    :
    : If you want to add an attribute to a tag, you can do something like this:
    :
    : [code]
    : <?xml version="1.0"?>
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : The xsl:attribute tag in this case will add it's contents to an attribute named "title" in the inclosing td node.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    :

you rock
    thanks!