I'm having trouble starting my assignment because I don't understand bits, shifting, bitwise and so on e.t.c.
Usually I can find samples on the internet but not in this case.
Where and How do I go about writing my code?
A theater stage has a set of computer-controlled lights. There are 16 lights. A theater employee is working the lights, and you can assume that the on/off situation of the lights is entirely dependent on an unsigned short variable in your program. Your program will supply the following menu:
1) turn on all the lights
2) turn on center stage lights (lights 5-10)
3) turn on left stage lights (lights 11-15)
4) turn on right stage lights (lights 0-4)
5) turn off all lights
6) turn off center stage lights
7) turn off left stage lights
8) turn off right stage lights
9) overlay on/off pattern onto light configuration
10) quit the menu
Error check of user input.
Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!