What's so bad about two dimensions????

I'm probably going to make all my games in two dimensions, three dimensions just doesn't suit my wants. Three-dimensions isn't bad, but what do you guys(and girls, i guess) think about two-dimensions. It isn't bad!

Comments

• : I'm probably going to make all my games in two dimensions, three dimensions just doesn't suit my wants. Three-dimensions isn't bad, but what do you guys(and girls, i guess) think about two-dimensions. It isn't bad!
    :
    3D games are impressive, and fun, but the ones you keep going back to year after year are the simple 2D games with cheezy plots that have no ending, especially the console only games.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by Josh Code at 2003-3-4 8:48:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : I'm probably going to make all my games in two dimensions, three dimensions just doesn't suit my wants. Three-dimensions isn't bad, but what do you guys(and girls, i guess) think about two-dimensions. It isn't bad!
    :

2D games are good. There is nothing really wrong with them.

It really depends on the type of game you are making, if 3D makes it more fun. Tetris is better in 2D than 3D. First person shooters like Quake are better in 3D than they would be if someone made a 2D version.

GTA 2, Chip's Challenge, OMF(One Must Fall), Jazz Rabit, Hocus Pocus... are all 2D games that I like. Some of them have 3D effects(ie. GTA 2) but I wouldn't call them 3D. Making them 3D changes the game a lot and it isn't always better. Generally, I like 3D games better because it is more like real life. I like GTA 3 a lot more than GTA 2.

It is always easier to program 2D games than 3D.

• [b][red]This message was edited by kor at 2003-3-5 16:34:59[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by Josh Code at 2003-3-4 8:48:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I'm probably going to make all my games in two dimensions, three dimensions just doesn't suit my wants. Three-dimensions isn't bad, but what do you guys(and girls, i guess) think about two-dimensions. It isn't bad!
    : :
    :
    : 2D games are good. There is nothing really wrong with them.
    :
    : It really depends on the type of game you are making, if 3D makes it more fun. Tetris is better in 2D than 3D. First person shooters like Quake are better in 3D than they would be if someone made a 2D version.
    :
    :
    : GTA 2, Chip's Challenge, OMF(One Must Fall), Jazz Rabit, Hocus Pocus... are all 2D games that I like. Some of them have 3D effects(ie. GTA 2) but I wouldn't call them 3D. Making them 3D changes the game a lot and it isn't always better. Generally, I like 3D games better because it is more like real life. I like GTA 3 a lot more than GTA 2.
    :
    : It is always easier to program 2D games than 3D.
    :
    :
    I'm probably not going to get GTA 3 because it's 3d, and the whole gta plot seems best for 2d. Make sure your plot fits 3d or 2d, some things are just better one way or the other.