Need HELP on a game cheat code

"Using cheat codes to play a game is an unsupported modification. Technical Support cannot answer questions relating to their use. Cheat codes are developed and used by game programmers for debugging purposes. They are provided by popular request and are "as is".

To access the cheat counsel (area where you type in the code you would like to use) type in the letter t"

If someone can help me, the above is all that Valusoft will reveal on using cheat codes. My problem is: I can't find the "area" or place to type in the cheat codes. I've been through all of the files in "properties." Can anyone advise me on how to do this? Do I need a special editor? The game is "Vietnam 2 Special Assignment." And the message they provided above is located at:
http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=483

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance! ---JackC

Comments

• Just in case anyone else has had this problem playing the game:

When you get to the 8th level "River of Death" you have to jump from the raft (under fire) to a landing dock. I found the task impossible without getting wasted. So:

Before you get that far down the river, and while the game is in progress on the monitor screen, you hit the T. It doesn't show, just a blinking dot. Then while it's blinking, you type in the code you want; and, do it for each additional code you want, always hitting "enter" immediately afterwards. The blinking dot will be at the bottom left of your screen. When you hit enter, it will reveal your status in the upper left screen. Example: JohnWayne typed in reveals you're now in the God Mode. And when you save, it keeps it in memory. The reason I save, is because if you fall in a hole, or go over a waterfall, although you're still alive, you can't escape the trap, so you have to start over from where you last saved. ---JackC