Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

need help on how to come up with a *.EXE file from *.PL

c_aguitc_aguit Member Posts: 9
Could someone please tell me if there is a way to generate an( *.EXE to *.PL ) file from my perl prgrams that i made.

Comments

• NIN666NIN666 Member Posts: 90
    : Could someone please tell me if there is a way to generate an( *.EXE to *.PL ) file from my perl prgrams that i made.
    :
    Learn another language.
    [hr]Ethereal software and Mag monitors, doesn't get much better now does it?

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : Could someone please tell me if there is a way to generate an( *.EXE
    : to *.PL ) file from my perl prgrams that i made.

There is a program out there (called Perl2exe) that does this I think.

Alternatively, you can use one of the Perl backends to create C from your Perl, and then compile that to create an exe file. I can't remember off the top of my head what the command is but if you look in your c:perlin folder (if you're running WinD'ohs) you might find you have an executable called perlcc, which might do what you want. The proccess is mainly Perl ==> C ==> EXE by the looks of it though.

There are two backends. The C backend generates C that isn't going to be human readable. The CC backend attempts to make human readable C code, but it hasn't got very far yet.

If you're wanting to do this to get a small executable file then you're probably out of luck, unless you dynamically link Perl as if it were a runtime, like the VB runtime. Though it's not quite that big! :-)

Several paths to explore anyway, and things are continually improving in this area.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

###
    # Example Of Perl 6 Syntax.
    push @will, my Power $button;
    my $hardware is Useless but Valuable;
    do ($nothing) while $i.work and print $stuff;
    push (@will, my Off $button) and die "with me";