Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Establishing GPRS connection

weiccoweicco Member Posts: 950
[b][red]This message was edited by weicco at 2003-5-13 2:52:22[/red][/b][hr]
Hi.

I'm working on a project which has to establish GPRS connection with AT commands. Software is supposed to run on Windows CE.

I have written a small terminal software and I can send AT commands to modem and read responses. Everything works fine, I can make calls and send SMS stuff and things like that.

But now I'm facing problems with GPRS. I've managed to set correct settings with AT+CGDCONT message and I can set up somekind of connection with AT+CGATT & AT+CGDATA. I get an IP address from the other end and things look to go well. But when I open browser (IE) it gives me an error that it can't make connection to server. I go to Internet Options, set connection to GPRS, try again and still not connection to server. Any ideas what goes wrong in here or am I totally missing something?

Then I tried another approach (or I don't know if this really is another approach, I'm not really familiar with GPRS). I send ATD*99# to modem (*99# is the number I'm supposed to call). Modem tells me CONNECT 57600 and gives unsoliticied result code +CREG: 1,1 (connection to home network). But after few seconds I get NO CARRIER message. Is there something I must send after CONNECT xxx part or what?

Any answers and ideas are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I did some research and came to conclusion that I need to alter routing table. Am I right?

Comments

• xjtuandrewxjtuandrew Member Posts: 1
    You can realize Sending SMS and Making Call. I am doing the same thing and meet some difficult. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using the Pocket PC2002 to develop a program to make call through the GSM/CDMA modem. My problem is the serial port problem. When I send the AT command to the serial port,I cannot get the reply. No response from the serial port. But from the super terminal, I can operate the GSM/CDMA modem correctly. How I can solve this problem?
    Thanks a lot

• weiccoweicco Member Posts: 950
    Hmm.. Are you sure you are using the port and rigth port settings? My code just opens port to COM5: with CreateFile, calls SetCommState and SetCommTimeouts, starts thread that calls SetCommMask with EV_RXCHAR flag and reads port with ReadFile. If that goes well I just send "AT
    " (with WriteFile) to modem and it answers with "
    OK
    " string. Did you remember to add
    at the end of your command string?

: You can realize Sending SMS and Making Call. I am doing the same thing and meet some difficult. Can you help me to solve this problem? I am using the Pocket PC2002 to develop a program to make call through the GSM/CDMA modem. My problem is the serial port problem. When I send the AT command to the serial port,I cannot get the reply. No response from the serial port. But from the super terminal, I can operate the GSM/CDMA modem correctly. How I can solve this problem?
    : Thanks a lot
    :
    :
    :

• harveywangharveywang Member Posts: 1
    1) You need link your COM5 serial port device driver to Microsoft RAS service
    2) uses RAS to dial up the remote server in the Internet
    e.g.
    RasEnumConnections (...)
    RasHangUp (...)
    // Try to establish a RAS connection.
    if ((dwError = RasDial (
    NULL, // Extension is not supported in Windows CE
    NULL, // Phone book is in the registry
    &RasDialParams, // RAS configuration for the connection
    0xFFFFFFFF, // Must use this value for Windows CE
    hDlgWnd, // Window receives the notification message
    &hRasConn)) != 0) // Connection handle

• rammururammuru Member Posts: 2
    Dear Developers

I am developing application in similar area. Could you send me sample application will be great help to me? Thanks

• edbzedbz Member Posts: 4
    give your email where i can send samples
    thank u
  • onur_yuce98onur_yuce98 Member Posts: 1
    : give your email where i can send samples
    : thank u
    :
    Hi,I saw your writings and recently I am also workıng on GPRS same sort of thing. I wonder do anyone has a sample code on establıshıng GPRS connection. If so here is my mailing adress:[email protected]
    Thanks a lot!
  • rammururammuru Member Posts: 2
    please send me [email protected] Million thanks for your help

Thanks and best regards
    Muru