Someone please explain...

Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

NoCodeNoProgramming

Comments

• : Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

: a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

: find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

: NoCodeNoProgramming

Agreed.

It's called trial and error people, I had to make my own MP3 player from scratch, that meant making an audio engine, then learning the audio file structure of MP3s, took me 5 months but mine runs just as well as Winamp with a few extras that I threw in for fun...

• : : Can someone please explain the futility of this board? How can there be

: : a MP3 programming board when ALL of the posts are requests asking how to

: : find code for the damn thing!! It seems pretty useless to me.

: : NoCodeNoProgramming

: Agreed.

: It's called trial and error people, I had to make my own MP3 player from scratch, that meant making an audio engine, then learning the audio file structure of MP3s, took me 5 months but mine runs just as well as Winamp with a few extras that I threw in for fun...

Where can I find your player?

If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

Please?

I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

• :

: Where can I find your player?

: If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: Please?

: I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

Ha! Maybe a wish list to Santa might help.

And some milk and cookies.

• : :

: : Where can I find your player?

: : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : Please?

: : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

:

: Ha! Maybe a wish list to Santa might help.

: And some milk and cookies.

I don't think that's very friendly of you, is it?

• : : :

: : : Where can I find your player?

: : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : Please?

: : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

At least this is productive.

• : : : :

: : : : Where can I find your player?

: : : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : : Please?

: : : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

:

: I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

: Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

: is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

: Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

: encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

: someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

: At least this is productive.

Hmm, yeah sorry Mike but I gotta agree with NoCode, I didn't do all of that work so that I can just give it to anyone that asks...

But I can tell you that yes I first wrote it in VB and used the windows media player 2's OCX to play the MP3s, but then it just got too slow, so I wrote a DLL in VC++ to decode the MP3s and got the player to use the DLL as a decoder. I'm not releasing my player soon, I have some stuff to work out, it has probs with some soundcards and I'm still converting the VB part to C++ so that I don't have to package dependency files with it. But I'm currently working on other things right now, mainly GB programming, but I'll post here if I decide to release my player. It's called MPX btw.

• : : : : :

: : : : : Where can I find your player?

: : : : : If you wrote it in VB, can you give me the code?

: : : : : Please?

: : : : : I'm making one on my own to, the only thing is that I'm a beginning programmer...

: :

: : I was being sarcastic from the lack of resources that this board provides.

: : Begging is not productive, it only degrades this board. And being a newbie

: : is no excuse for begging either. I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: : has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: : anyone who asks. I wouldn't either.

: : Maybe instead of all these wasteful beggin' posts for complete code of MP3

: : encoders/decoders/players conveniently written in the language of their choice,

: : someone could posts useful links to MP3 programming resources (Windows!) instead.

: : At least this is productive.

: Hmm, yeah sorry Mike but I gotta agree with NoCode, I didn't do all of that work so that I can just give it to anyone that asks...

: But I can tell you that yes I first wrote it in VB and used the windows media player 2's OCX to play the MP3s, but then it just got too slow, so I wrote a DLL in VC++ to decode the MP3s and got the player to use the DLL as a decoder. I'm not releasing my player soon, I have some stuff to work out, it has probs with some soundcards and I'm still converting the VB part to C++ so that I don't have to package dependency files with it. But I'm currently working on other things right now, mainly GB programming, but I'll post here if I decide to release my player. It's called MPX btw.

Maybe you're wright

but, if I don't get code from someone, how can I learn programmig ?

I allready found how to play an mp3 (in VB)

but I can't "pause" it nor "rewind" or "forward"

I've done it with the OCX SimpleMultiMedia

What do you mean it beeing slowly in VB?

• :I find it highly unlikely that a person who

: : : has worked on their own code for 5 months or more would gladly hand it over to

: : : anyone who asks.

I'm agree with NoCode, but we need the MP3 format to start working.

I'm looking for the format for about 3 month without success, and want to work by myself but the format is the start point.

Please provide us a link to the format.