Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

the easiest way to implement SSL into my app using MFC

nerwennerwen Posts: 3Member
Hi!

I am seeking for a long time for the best method to implement SSL into my MFC application which based on the Client/server model because I need very reliable and secure communication to transfer confidental corporate data over the network. First I tried to look at the specs of SSL/TLS and I can see that it is very complicated protocol which requires a lot of time to implemement and it is nearly impossible if you are not a expert. So I needed another way to implement SSL therefore I searched for Librarys. I don't like ActiveX so I skipped SSL Librarys based on ActiveX.

I found OpenSSL (www.openssl.org) but it was primarily for unix/linux and needs lot of work to make it usable in Visual C++ especially in MFC.

Then I found CSecureSocket Library (www.newarcana.com) which sounds very impressive because it is compatible with MFC, supports full SSLv3,v2,TLS, so I can use it easily (using it is as simple as using the CSocket class). But it costs 79 USD. I don't think it is a high price. I think it is very cheap compared to other SSL librarys around 200 USD. I have enough money but I need your oppinion. What do you think about it?

Thanks,
Nerwen

Comments

• DB1DB1 Posts: 1,142Member
    : Hi!
    :
    : I am seeking for a long time for the best method to implement SSL into my MFC application which based on the Client/server model because I need very reliable and secure communication to transfer confidental corporate data over the network. First I tried to look at the specs of SSL/TLS and I can see that it is very complicated protocol which requires a lot of time to implemement and it is nearly impossible if you are not a expert. So I needed another way to implement SSL therefore I searched for Librarys. I don't like ActiveX so I skipped SSL Librarys based on ActiveX.
    :
    : I found OpenSSL (www.openssl.org) but it was primarily for unix/linux and needs lot of work to make it usable in Visual C++ especially in MFC.
    :
    : Then I found CSecureSocket Library (www.newarcana.com) which sounds very impressive because it is compatible with MFC, supports full SSLv3,v2,TLS, so I can use it easily (using it is as simple as using the CSocket class). But it costs 79 USD. I don't think it is a high price. I think it is very cheap compared to other SSL librarys around 200 USD. I have enough money but I need your oppinion. What do you think about it?
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Nerwen
    :

Why pay money when you can get something just as good free at microsoft?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/secure_sockets_layer_ssl__2.asp

Or search for the SSL Controls that are part of WSAIoctl

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]

• nerwennerwen Posts: 3Member

: :
    : Why pay money when you can get something just as good free at microsoft?
    : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/secure_sockets_layer_ssl__2.asp
    :
    I bought CSecureSocket Library today. I managed to implement SSL support in two minutes to my existing code. It was amazing. Then I looked that microsoft stuff and I think that if I choose that way for SSL then I need 2 days not 2 minutes.