Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with Windows program

I am currently writing a program that has an MDI interface. I then created a properties window using CreateWindowsEx() and it's own windows procedure to store information about the way the program saves information. The problem is that I do not what the main window to continue running, instead wait for the properties window to close. I would have used a dialog for this, except I needed to use tabs and couldn't figure out how without the initcommoncontrols. Anyway is there any way to make the main window wait unitl the properties window closes?

Comments

• BriballBriball Member Posts: 265
    Basically, you don't want to the main window to process messages until the properties window has closed. Store the properties window in a global HWND variable. Wrap the control statements in the main window procedure in a large if statement.

[code]
    if(!IsWindow(hPropWin))
    {
    ...//all of the control statements for message processing
    }
    [/code]

now it only processes message when the properties window doesn't exist.

• raybrayb Member Posts: 1
    : I am currently writing a program that has an MDI interface. I then created a properties window using CreateWindowsEx() and it's own windows procedure to store information about the way the program saves information. The problem is that I do not what the main window to continue running, instead wait for the properties window to close. I would have used a dialog for this, except I needed to use tabs and couldn't figure out how without the initcommoncontrols. Anyway is there any way to make the main window wait unitl the properties window closes?
    :

[blue]Why dont you use property sheets? which give you your tabular view...
    Look them up in the SDK docs....[/blue]

Hope this helps :)