Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need an English word

NahlNahl Member Posts: 1
Hi!
I'm from Germany and have a little problem with the English language.
Currently I'm developing an application dealing with people's personal informations. There is a form where the user has to enter name, postal address, telephone number and so on. I have fields labeled "First Name", "Last Name", "Zip Code" ...
Now my question is: How should I label the field where you have to enter "Mr", "Mrs" etc.?
In German it would be "Anrede". In the dictionary the given translations are "appellation", "greeting" and "salutation", but I think these don't fit. On the internet I mostly found some forms where they simply call it "prefix", which I think is a very general word.
Thx for your answers.

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : Hi!
    : I'm from Germany and have a little problem with the English language.
    : Currently I'm developing an application dealing with people's personal informations. There is a form where the user has to enter name, postal address, telephone number and so on. I have fields labeled "First Name", "Last Name", "Zip Code" ...
    : Now my question is: How should I label the field where you have to enter "Mr", "Mrs" etc.?
    : In German it would be "Anrede". In the dictionary the given translations are "appellation", "greeting" and "salutation", but I think these don't fit. On the internet I mostly found some forms where they simply call it "prefix", which I think is a very general word.
    : Thx for your answers.

I've often seen it labeled as "Title".

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");