Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

File format Question

This doesn't relate to programming, but you ASM people are smart as hell, so I figgured I'd ask here. I have a file I can't use. It has an ELF header, well, it's more like character code 127, then the letters ELF, then Character code 1 3 times.

Any ideas on how to use it?

Thanks.

Comments

• ELF is the LINUX executable file format. So, if you're using linux then you shouldn't have a problem, but if you're using Win32 you have a problem.

Technically you could convert the file from ELF format to PE Format, but that's a lot of hassle, and it still wouldn't run because it uses Linux specific code.

So either run it on a linux machine, disassemble it and figure out what it would do, or get a Win32 Linux emulator type program, or try out some other suggestions that other people might have.

• to run it in Linux type ./file_name or put it in your user/bin directory and type file_name

: This doesn't relate to programming, but you ASM people are smart as hell, so I figgured I'd ask here. I have a file I can't use. It has an ELF header, well, it's more like character code 127, then the letters ELF, then Character code 1 3 times.

:

: Any ideas on how to use it?

:

: Thanks.

: