Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

upload/download files

daniel rojasdaniel rojas Member Posts: 70
hey!
can i do some kind of up/download app in php? of course, files should be password protected. i mean a textfield and a browse button, then click upload and the file is on the server. and then all uploaded files are displayed in a list and when you select one and click download it should be saved to your machine. is that possible?

Comments

• codecraigcodecraig Member Posts: 163
    : hey!
    : can i do some kind of up/download app in php? of course, files should be password protected. i mean a textfield and a browse button, then click upload and the file is on the server. and then all uploaded files are displayed in a list and when you select one and click download it should be saved to your machine. is that possible?
    :

yes, its very possible. I actually have a page i created in PHP that is a form that allows me to upload a file to my website..then I have another page that will move the uploaded file to a specific directory based on the file extension (.zip, etc).

i also created a page which lists the directorys in a certain area.

example:
    Downloads
    --> eMule
    --> HTML Kit
    --> FTP Surfer

then u click on one of the folders, say HTML Kit and it does this:

Downloads
    --> eMule
    --> HTML Kit
    --> htmlKit.exe
    --> FTP Surfer

get it?

took a while to make it, not totally complete either.

so, get a PHP book and start coding! with a little thought process and some knowledge u can do plenty with PHP!

peace,
    craig