Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ms words spellcheck

hi,
does anyone know how to access MS Words' spell & grammar checking function from their program?
I am writing my own text editor and wants to be able to check for grammar/spelling mistake. Since MS Words has such a capability, i would like to utilise it. is there a .dll file we could use? Where can i find it and what does the api look like?
many thanks,
dean

Comments

• veliusvelius Member Posts: 456
    I don't know about that but you could just as easyly write your own. You would want to create a second thread to spell check in real time though.

[hr]
    Oh my god
    I can't deny this
    I've been taught just to kill and fight this
    To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
    Like nobody wanted to know
    -- Oh My God - Guns N' Roses

• chick80chick80 Member Posts: 349
    If I remember well I think there is a text file that contains the word in the vocabulary.
    As for the *advanced* grammar correction, like verbs with wrong subject and so on I think you cannot access them so easily. (and btw, in the Italian version these advanced controls don't work really good... pheraphs in the English version they work better, I don't know!).

nICO

[hr]
    [italic]How beautiful, if Sorrow had not made sorrow more beautiful than Beauty itself.[/italic]
    JOHN KEATS