calling a program through qbasic

I have four DMM's capable of transferring data to a PC over a serial port. I need to acquire data from all the four, one at a time.

I have used the second serial port to select any one and then the software supplied with the DMM is run to acquire the data. After the acquisition I need to unselect the selected DMM, which I achieve by issuing a device select ID of "0". But I still have to run the company provided software for acquisition.

For the above selection procedure I have written a code in QBASIC. In the code I need to be able to run the company software (acquire.exe), and then complete the procedure by selecting "0" ID.

I have been able to achieve the same using "spawn" comand in 'C', but being a die-hard qbasic fan, I want the program developed in qbasic.

Can anyone help me in this matter?

Thanks in anticipation

Vyankatesh

Comments

• : I have four DMM's capable of transferring data to a PC over a serial port. I need to acquire data from all the four, one at a time.
    :
    : I have used the second serial port to select any one and then the software supplied with the DMM is run to acquire the data. After the acquisition I need to unselect the selected DMM, which I achieve by issuing a device select ID of "0". But I still have to run the company provided software for acquisition.
    :
    : For the above selection procedure I have written a code in QBASIC. In the code I need to be able to run the company software (acquire.exe), and then complete the procedure by selecting "0" ID.
    :
    : I have been able to achieve the same using "spawn" comand in 'C', but being a die-hard qbasic fan, I want the program developed in qbasic.
    :
    : Can anyone help me in this matter?
    :
    : Thanks in anticipation
    :
    : Vyankatesh
    :
    :
    :

• You used a lot of big words that I don't understand, but have you tried the [b]Shell[/b] command?

: I have four DMM's capable of transferring data to a PC over a serial port. I need to acquire data from all the four, one at a time.
    :
    : I have used the second serial port to select any one and then the software supplied with the DMM is run to acquire the data. After the acquisition I need to unselect the selected DMM, which I achieve by issuing a device select ID of "0". But I still have to run the company provided software for acquisition.
    :
    : For the above selection procedure I have written a code in QBASIC. In the code I need to be able to run the company software (acquire.exe), and then complete the procedure by selecting "0" ID.
    :
    : I have been able to achieve the same using "spawn" comand in 'C', but being a die-hard qbasic fan, I want the program developed in qbasic.
    :
    : Can anyone help me in this matter?
    :
    : Thanks in anticipation
    :
    : Vyankatesh
    :
    :
    :

• Thanks a Lot, "Walrus". It never struck me to explore "shell" approach.

I think I might just be able to solve my problem.

Thanks again

: You used a lot of big words that I don't understand, but have you tried the [b]Shell[/b] command?