Developing, building, and testing. How do it the best? Learning from t

Developing, building, and testing. How do it the best? Learning from the world leader - Microsoft

I'm very interested in how the developing/build/testing workflow @ Microsoft looks like. I think Microsoft as world leader in software developing business must have a very good workflow. Does anyone know how the development flow @ Microsoft looks like?

I'm also interested in the workflow in your company perhaps the workflow in your company better then @ Microsoft? What do you think about test driven development?

Regards,

Gicio

Comments

• : Developing, building, and testing. How do it the best? Learning from the world leader - Microsoft
    :
    :
    :
    : I'm very interested in how the developing/build/testing workflow @ Microsoft looks like. I think Microsoft as world leader in software developing business must have a very good workflow. Does anyone know how the development flow @ Microsoft looks like?
    :
    : I'm also interested in the workflow in your company perhaps the workflow in your company better then @ Microsoft? What do you think about test driven development?
    :
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : Gicio
    [grey]First of all I don't think MicroSoft is actually "The World Leader" other than in their own dreams and reports, wich have been proven to be wrong at best, and in some cases aoutright lies.

I do not believe there is an awful lot to learn from their programming practices either because it seems they are more interested in making software that curtail the user, rather than helping them achieve their full potential.

One way to develop programs is based in stages as such:
    1. Brainstorming/Idea definition
    Every commercial program will have to cover a need, either one that
    haven't been met before or one that can be met in a better way.
    2. Specification/Design wishes
    What should the program look like
    How should it do the tasks it were made for
    Is there any other things that might be useful for the user
    3. Designing/Programming
    The making the of program
    4. Testing/Verifying
    Does the program meet the specified need?
    Does the program work satisfactory?
    If not goto point 2
    5. Implementing/releasing
    Do release at this point, to many people wait till everything is at
    it's peek performance before releasing, to the extent of having no
    more money and an unfinished product.
    6. User response
    What is the main issues for the users?
    Do the user have any wishes for other features?
    Restart at 1 or 2

This might not be the most detailed of views but should at least give some clue to what it's all about.

DjSpirit, I'm not all negative to Microsoft, I just believe that, maintaining their present course, they will be ripe in less than 10 years.[/grey]