I am new to Visual Basic and want to learn how to make games

Hi my name is Craig and i am new to programming but would like to learn how to make games for visual basic. As i am a beginner if anybody could post a simple game to get me started off that would be great.

P.S I really want to make a simple ping pong game for home use.

Comments

• : Hi my name is Craig and i am new to programming but would like to learn how to make games for visual basic. As i am a beginner if anybody could post a simple game to get me started off that would be great.
    :
    : P.S I really want to make a simple ping pong game for home use.
    :
    There is a Games in VB messageboard on this site. Click on Message board home at the top of the page, then go to the link for Visual Basic and then the games messageboard should be in the list.

They will probably be able to help you there. This website also has a few vb game type things:-

http://www.homestead.com/vbgames6/index.html

Hope this helps!

• : Hi my name is Craig and i am new to programming but would like to learn how to make games for visual basic. As i am a beginner if anybody could post a simple game to get me started off that would be great.
    :
    :

What kind of games? If you want to build arcade games then I recommend reading "Visual Basic Game Programming with DirectX". But if your an extreme beginner you might want to hold off on it, because the book can get very tough towards the middle to end. The book teaches you some VB basics and uses intrinsic VB controls like Picture Boxes and image controls to show you the slow way to do things. Then it shows you some win32 api function calls you can use to speed things up. Finally you get dropped into the Direct-X 7.0 and 8.0 way of doing things. Later chapters delve on advanced topics such as AI, Multi-Player Networks, and building a game library. Personally I give the book a 4 out of 5 for the mere fact that some code examples could be explained better. But you know what, any game programming requires mass research anyhow and I dont expect any one book to cover it all. The bonus is that this book has the source code for three complete games and has chapters that explain most of it.

BTW one of the full games is a 3d-Pong game.

:
    :

Oh you can also check this site out too for game programming.

http://directx4vb.com/