Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

wav effects c++

tomelgontomelgon Member Posts: 1
I have to write a programing C++ that will apply fade in, fade out and reverb to a wav file. I doesn't have to do these things all at once. I thought the best way was to make it into three seperate programs, one for each effect. Got any ideas how go about doing it ?

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : I have to write a programing C++ that will apply fade in, fade out
    : and reverb to a wav file. I doesn't have to do these things all at
    : once. I thought the best way was to make it into three seperate
    : programs, one for each effect. Got any ideas how go about doing it ?
    Look up wave file format info on http://www.wotsit.org/. There are algorithms for reverb and fade in and fade out (or changing volume anyway) at http://www.jwcs.net/developers/dap/.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• RJSoftRJSoft Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get the fade in and fade out figured out.
    I am looking for the algorythm now.

I liked the links the guy sent you. Great place. But I did not find anything on fade in fade out...

RJ

: I have to write a programing C++ that will apply fade in, fade out and reverb to a wav file. I doesn't have to do these things all at once. I thought the best way was to make it into three seperate programs, one for each effect. Got any ideas how go about doing it ?
    :

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : Did you ever get the fade in and fade out figured out.
    : I am looking for the algorythm now.
    :
    : I liked the links the guy sent you. Great place. But I did not find anything on fade in fade out...
    :
    Fade in and fade out basically just consists of applying a volume change to many samples over time, where the volume is a function of time (e.g. it could be a linear function of time).

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");