Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

end session after 10min if No-Activity(Forced Logout)

josephrthomasjosephrthomas Member Posts: 34
hi...
i have an application that reads data from a database and shows it to the customer..
i want to make it such that after 10 mins if there is no activity the session should end and the page should go back to the login page...
can someone pls tell me how do i do this pls??
the application is very simple, it starts with a login screen. after login it retrieves data from the database and shows it to the user
feature to be added :
if no activity for 10 mins, Logout the user and show login screen..

can someone pls tell me how can i achieve this....

tks a lot...

Joseph R. Thomas
Have a Super Blessed Day!
[color=blue][size=1][b]For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.[/b]
2 Timothy 1:7[/size][/color]

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Member Posts: 1,134
    : hi...
    : i have an application that reads data from a database and shows it to the customer..
    : i want to make it such that after 10 mins if there is no activity the session should end and the page should go back to the login page...
    : can someone pls tell me how do i do this pls??
    : the application is very simple, it starts with a login screen. after login it retrieves data from the database and shows it to the user
    : feature to be added :
    : if no activity for 10 mins, Logout the user and show login screen..
    :
    : can someone pls tell me how can i achieve this....
    :
    : tks a lot...
    :
    : Joseph R. Thomas
    : Have a Super Blessed Day!
    : [color=blue][size=1][b]For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.[/b]
    : 2 Timothy 1:7[/size][/color]
    :

[code]
    Session.TimeOut = 600

If Session("Login") Is Nothing Then
    Response.Redirect("login.aspx", True)
    End If
    [/code]

This is assuming you have set the Session("Login") to a value on login or somewhere else.