Imaging component for newbies ????

Hi there ! I'm a beginner (duh) and i wonder if you know a delphi component that can display images (jpg) and rotate them without much fuss.If you have one can you mail it at toma_daniel2k@yahoo.com ???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• : Hi there ! I'm a beginner (duh) and i wonder if you know a delphi component that can display images (jpg) and rotate them without much fuss.If you have one can you mail it at toma_daniel2k@yahoo.com ???
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    Displaying an jpg-image is very easy using the TImage component. At design-time just double-click the component to show the load dialog box. At run-time you need to call the TImage.Picture.LoadFromFile() method.
    Rotating the image either requires your own rotating code, or a new component, which isn't part of the standard Delphi. So for the latter you'll need to search the web, or perhaps some-one here knows of such a component.
  • asuming the timage has a tcanvas rotating 90,180,270 degrees wont be a problem since there's canvas.pixels[x,y].

Anyway, there are already some functions to rotate though, i've encountered them once when i was expirimenting on compressing bmp to jpg
  • I don't remember where I found this code, but here's some good image rotation code. Hope it helps!