Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Imaging component for newbies ????

PsY2kPsY2k Member Posts: 6
Hi there ! I'm a beginner (duh) and i wonder if you know a delphi component that can display images (jpg) and rotate them without much fuss.If you have one can you mail it at [email protected] ???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi there ! I'm a beginner (duh) and i wonder if you know a delphi component that can display images (jpg) and rotate them without much fuss.If you have one can you mail it at [email protected] ???
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    Displaying an jpg-image is very easy using the TImage component. At design-time just double-click the component to show the load dialog box. At run-time you need to call the TImage.Picture.LoadFromFile() method.
    Rotating the image either requires your own rotating code, or a new component, which isn't part of the standard Delphi. So for the latter you'll need to search the web, or perhaps some-one here knows of such a component.
  • GoodGrendelGoodGrendel Member Posts: 61
    asuming the timage has a tcanvas rotating 90,180,270 degrees wont be a problem since there's canvas.pixels[x,y].

Anyway, there are already some functions to rotate though, i've encountered them once when i was expirimenting on compressing bmp to jpg
  • djjd47130djjd47130 Member Posts: 7
    I don't remember where I found this code, but here's some good image rotation code. Hope it helps!