Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Turbo C++ Download

nose600nose600 Member Posts: 13
Hi folks,
Any ideas where i can download the Borland Turbo C++ v3 compiler?
I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
Have tried the Borland Museum, it all gets very complicated.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks for your time and patience.
Dave (nose600)

Comments

• dwgeblerdwgebler Member Posts: 190
    Well as far as I know the Borland museum is the only place to legitimately download a copy of TC, what exactly did you find complicated about it? As long you sign up, just login and download the relevant program.
    I don't know if the Borland museum offers a version of TC++ as late as 3 though.

: Hi folks,
    : Any ideas where i can download the Borland Turbo C++ v3 compiler?
    : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    : Have tried the Borland Museum, it all gets very complicated.
    : Any help would be gratefully received.
    : Thanks for your time and patience.
    : Dave (nose600)
    :

• pseudocoderpseudocoder Member Posts: 697 ✭✭✭
    : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    :

For basic needs, there is no real difference between TC 2 and TC 3. As mentioned, I don't believe TC 3 has been released to the public domain, so I'd just use the one available from Borland if you need a dos compiler.
  • nose600nose600 Member Posts: 13
    : : Hi folks,
    : : Any ideas where i can download the Borland Turbo C++ v3 compiler?
    : : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    : : Have tried the Borland Museum, it all gets very complicated.
    : : Any help would be gratefully received.
    : : Thanks for your time and patience.
    : : Dave (nose600)
    : :
    :
    : For basic needs, there is no real difference between TC 2 and TC 3. As mentioned, I don't believe TC 3 has been released to the public domain, so I'd just use the one available from Borland if you need a dos compiler.
    :
    Thanks for your replies, as you have correctly stated, TC++ V3 is not available for free download, so I did get V2 and it's fine.
    Borland UK will sell me a copy of V3 for 40 plus 7.50 p&p, perhaps not.
    Appreciate the help.
    Have a good one.
    nose600

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    :

[red]why bother with such an ancient compiler???[/red][blue]Use a modern compiler such as Dev-C++, free at www.bloodshed.com, and you can write a lot better programs. You will, however, have to learn new kinds of programming techniques, such as Win32 API functions.[/blue]
  • dwccgcdwccgc Member Posts: 576
    : : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    :
    :
    : [red]why bother with such an ancient compiler???[/red][blue]Use a modern compiler such as Dev-C++, free at www.bloodshed.com, and you can write a lot better programs. You will, however, have to learn new kinds of programming techniques, such as Win32 API functions.[/blue]
    :

You might want to try http://www.bloodshed.net unless you have a DUI problem or need Killer Loop Sunglasses.:-)

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : : : Hi folks,
    : : : Any ideas where i can download the Borland Turbo C++ v3 compiler?
    : : : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    : : : Have tried the Borland Museum, it all gets very complicated.
    : : : Any help would be gratefully received.
    : : : Thanks for your time and patience.
    : : : Dave (nose600)
    : : :
    : : [red]why bother with such an ancient compiler???[/red][blue]Use a modern compiler such as Dev-C++, free at www.bloodshed.com, and you can write a lot better programs. You will, however, have to learn new kinds of programming techniques, such as Win32 API functions.[/blue]
    :
    : You might want to try http://www.bloodshed.net unless you have a DUI problem or need Killer Loop Sunglasses.:-)
    :
    :

Oops! thanks for the correction. .com is just habbit :-)

• lavonelislavonelis Member Posts: 1

You can download Turbo C++ V3 at http://personales.com/mexico/guadalajara/borland/

:

• celestinocelestino Member Posts: 1
    : : : Hi folks,
    : : : Any ideas where i can download the Borland Turbo C++ v3 compiler?
    : : : I'm using it (or was) on a college project, had to re-format today and lost the program.
    : : : Have tried the Borland Museum, it all gets very complicated.
    : : : Any help would be gratefully received.
    : : : Thanks for your time and patience.
    : : : Dave (nose600)
    : : :
    : : For basic needs, there is no real difference between TC 2 and TC 3. As mentioned, I don't believe TC 3 has been released to the public domain, so I'd just use the one available from Borland if you need a dos compiler.
    : Thanks for your replies, as you have correctly stated, TC++ V3 is not available for free download, so I did get V2 and it's fine.
    : Borland UK will sell me a copy of V3 for 40 plus 7.50 p&p, perhaps not.
    : Appreciate the help.
    : Have a good one.
    : nose600
    :
    :

• george pgeorge p Member Posts: 3
    This post has been deleted.
  • LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    :
    :
    : [red]why bother with such an ancient compiler???[/red][blue]Use a modern compiler such as Dev-C++, free at www.bloodshed.com, and you can write a lot better programs. You will, however, have to learn new kinds of programming techniques, such as Win32 API functions.[/blue]
    :

I agree, why pay for a dinosaur compiler when there are such excellent free compilers available.

It is just as complicated to download Borland's latest compiler, as to download TC2:

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html#

Click on compiler, fill in forms.

Dev is also very good as mentioned, and even MS has released the command line version of Visual C++ for free.

If you are looking for a C++ compiler, then you have another reason to not use TC++, because it doesn't follow the standard anymore.

And if you ever are going to program in Windows, then use one of the above, or perhaps a commercial version of them. People often claim that TC is good for learning. Well, if you are learning C it doesn't matter which compiler you are using as long as you stick to the standard. But if you get used to conio, BGI and such non-standard things, it will only be harder for you to start learning programming in Windows, as we see daily examples of on this board. :-)
This discussion has been closed.