Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Socket Question

I'm new to Delphi, but I've coded in many other languages. I coded a PHP socket server that opens on 127.0.0.1 and opens a port on 3289. I need to be able to open a socket to the addy/port and be able to send/read data. Most of the languages I've done are not object oriented so this is a bit of new territory for me ;) Thanks in advance
-David

Comments

• Srki_KiSrki_Ki Posts: 26Member
    : I'm new to Delphi, but I've coded in many other languages. I coded a PHP socket server that opens on 127.0.0.1 and opens a port on 3289. I need to be able to open a socket to the addy/port and be able to send/read data. Most of the languages I've done are not object oriented so this is a bit of new territory for me ;) Thanks in advance
    : -David
    :

You can use WinSock unit witch have lo-level non-object functions and types to work with sockets. It should be easy for you to handle this if you worked with lo-level functions in other languages. I'm learning to use Indy components. They are easy to use, but there is very little documentation in Delphi about them. Visit http://www.nevrona.com/indy/ for examples and documentation.