Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ProgressBar + Gauge

_yilmaz_yilmaz Member Posts: 150
Hi all;

As far as I know, in order to be able to use a gauge or a progress bar, we should roughly know beforehand the number of steps of the code or the process that will be executed.

But I have an algorithm that finishes when a real number converges to some desired value, that is, i cannot estimate the number of steps that will be executed beforehand. Can I still make use of a Gauge or a Progress Bar?

Thanx in advance.

Comments

• pritaeaspritaeas Member Posts: 274
    Hi. You don't know the number of steps, but you _can_ display the difference between current and desired as a percentage. The smaller the difference, the closer the gauge gets to 100%.

hth, pritaeas

: But I have an algorithm that finishes when a real number converges to
    : some desired value, that is, i cannot estimate the number of steps
    : that will be executed beforehand. Can I still make use of a Gauge or
    : a Progress Bar?
  • mohfamohfa Member Posts: 13
    : Hi all;
    :
    : As far as I know, in order to be able to use a gauge or a progress bar, we should roughly know beforehand the number of steps of the code or the process that will be executed.
    :
    : But I have an algorithm that finishes when a real number converges to some desired value, that is, i cannot estimate the number of steps that will be executed beforehand. Can I still make use of a Gauge or a Progress Bar?
    :
    : Thanx in advance.
    :
    ** i think it's better to use the gaug frequency better than position
  • _yilmaz_yilmaz Member Posts: 150

Could you please explain it in a little bit detail?
    Thanx

: : Hi all;
    : :
    : : As far as I know, in order to be able to use a gauge or a progress bar, we should roughly know beforehand the number of steps of the code or the process that will be executed.
    : : But I have an algorithm that finishes when a real number converges to some desired value, that is, i cannot estimate the number of steps that will be executed beforehand. Can I still make use of a Gauge or a Progress Bar?
    : : Thanx in advance.
    : ** i think it's better to use the gaug frequency better than position
    :

• mohfamohfa Member Posts: 13
    :
    : Could you please explain it in a little bit detail?
    : Thanx
    :
    : : : Hi all;
    : : :
    : : : As far as I know, in order to be able to use a gauge or a progress bar, we should roughly know beforehand the number of steps of the code or the process that will be executed.
    : : : But I have an algorithm that finishes when a real number converges to some desired value, that is, i cannot estimate the number of steps that will be executed beforehand. Can I still make use of a Gauge or a Progress Bar?
    : : : Thanx in advance.
    : : ** i think it's better to use the gaug frequency better than position
    :
    :
    Ok here is an exemple :

with timer :
    --- procedure // timer ( on timer event ) ---
    begin
    progressbar1.position :=timer1.interval / 1000 { just an exemple }

end ;

but for more detail give your unite so that i can help you more ( with Tprogresbar }

see letter