Problems deploying my application

Hi everyone

I hope that someone can help me with an application deployment issue that I have. I have developed an app that uses Ms Access 2000 files. I can install the application on those computers that have Office 2000 or later without too much trouble. I tried to install it on a computer that has Win 98 & Office 97 and got a unrecognised file format error when my application accesses the file. I use Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Privider when I make the connection. I tried installing MDAC 2.5 SP3, then 2.6 and 2.7 etc. I also installed Jet40Sp3 complete and Jet40Sp6 & Sp7

It doesn't solve my problem.

Does anyone know of the correct procedure to provide the updated Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Provider to work on either computers with no office or earlier versions of office?

Help is needed desparately.

Thanks in advance

John ;-)

Comments

• : Hi everyone
    :
    : I hope that someone can help me with an application deployment issue that I have. I have developed an app that uses Ms Access 2000 files. I can install the application on those computers that have Office 2000 or later without too much trouble. I tried to install it on a computer that has Win 98 & Office 97 and got a unrecognised file format error when my application accesses the file. I use Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Privider when I make the connection. I tried installing MDAC 2.5 SP3, then 2.6 and 2.7 etc. I also installed Jet40Sp3 complete and Jet40Sp6 & Sp7
    :
    : It doesn't solve my problem.
    :
    : Does anyone know of the correct procedure to provide the updated Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Provider to work on either computers with no office or earlier versions of office?
    :
    : Help is needed desparately.
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    : John ;-)
    :

Question, how did you package you app? from what I understand if you use the package and deployment wizard with VB, it will make a large install file -- but it will also packages all the components needed to run your app, Are you setting the app up through and install?

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• [b][red]This message was edited by jleg at 2004-4-19 14:27:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi everyone
    : :
    : : I hope that someone can help me with an application deployment issue that I have. I have developed an app that uses Ms Access 2000 files. I can install the application on those computers that have Office 2000 or later without too much trouble. I tried to install it on a computer that has Win 98 & Office 97 and got a unrecognised file format error when my application accesses the file. I use Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Privider when I make the connection. I tried installing MDAC 2.5 SP3, then 2.6 and 2.7 etc. I also installed Jet40Sp3 complete and Jet40Sp6 & Sp7
    : : It doesn't solve my problem.
    : : Does anyone know of the correct procedure to provide the updated Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLEDB Provider to work on either computers with no office or earlier versions of office?
    : : Help is needed desparately.
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : John ;-)
    :
    : Question, how did you package you app? from what I understand if you use the package and deployment wizard with VB, it will make a large install file -- but it will also packages all the components needed to run your app, Are you setting the app up through and install?
    :
    : [blue]
    : C:Dos
    : C:Dos Run
    : Run Dos Run
    : [/blue]
    :
    :
    Thanks for your reply. I have worked the problem out. For your information I used the VB package & deployment utility to create my install. Looks like one of the access files became corrupt during the install.

I updated my MDAC that gets installed during the process. I'm still a little unsure which MDAC version is best. The Microsoft site says that the later versions do not include the MS Jet 4.0 providers. Thats why I manually installed the Jet 4.0 update as well. I'm not sure what is the best way to deploy the above options. Any suggestions?

Thanks

John ;-)