Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Record Insertion takes too much time

kruti kansarakruti kansara Member Posts: 19
Hello
i have created Application which is in Vb 6.0-SQL7.0.
currently there are 5000 records stored in database
now when i am going to insert new record thorugh VB Application it takes near about 2 min.I have used "INSERT" statement which is executed through connection object of ADODB.
so is there any way to minimize the time of exectuion.

thanks in advance

-Regards

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : Hello
    : i have created Application which is in Vb 6.0-SQL7.0.
    : currently there are 5000 records stored in database
    : now when i am going to insert new record thorugh VB Application it takes near about 2 min.I have used "INSERT" statement which is executed through connection object of ADODB.
    : so is there any way to minimize the time of exectuion.
    :
    : thanks in advance
    :
    : -Regards
    :
    perhaps try executing through a ADODB command object using the connection objec - it may be more effiecient - you could also try setting up a stored procedure and executing it as well through the command object - that should make the server do the work.

I have noticed though when I was in college - the sql server started to bog down a great deal when serval catalogs had been set up - even after they deleted alot and there was about - 15 remaining - still had a lot of bog - it used to take me 5 min just to open the db through enterprise manager -- so in the end it could be just boged down - or proccessing alot of other data -- in which case you just have to wait for your thread to come along.

Hope this helps
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]