Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C++ library for pocket PC

charncharn Member Posts: 3
I got myself an iPAQ 2210 Pocket PC (with Windows CE), and i wish to write programmes for it. However, i have tried downloading MS eMbedded Visual C++, but being over 200 MB, and me still having a 56KB connection i cannot download it. Does anyone know of a library or something else, so i can write applications for the Pocket PC?

Thanks,

Charn

Comments

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : I got myself an iPAQ 2210 Pocket PC (with Windows CE), and i wish to write programmes for it. However, i have tried downloading MS eMbedded Visual C++, but being over 200 MB, and me still having a 56KB connection i cannot download it. Does anyone know of a library or something else, so i can write applications for the Pocket PC?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Charn
    :

You need nearly the whole thing because you need the cross compiler (eVC++ 3.0), header files and libraries. You cannot use eVC++ 4.0, so don't waste your time downloading it unless you want to target a device running .NET.

Look around on msdn becuase you can also get it on CD, which is better anyway because you may have to reinstall it occasionally. You also need Microsoft Active Sync, also free from M$.