Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C,C++ to .NET

db7db7 Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I program well in C,C++ using TC

I want to learn .NET/VC++ ... can you suggest some ebooks/websites that i can start with.....which explains the .NET interface components also

Thanks in advance

db

Comments

• Xtreme.NETXtreme.NET Member Posts: 112
    hi db,
    IMHO .NET is not just some concept that you can get from a web-site, i suggest you go thru microsoft.com and follow links of your desired languages. you will find all you need inside there..
    HTH

[size=1][COLOR=blue]"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."[i]1Thess. 5:16-18[/i][/color][/size]

• speedkreaturespeedkreature Member Posts: 1
    : Hi,
    :
    : I program well in C,C++ using TC
    :
    : I want to learn .NET/VC++ ... can you suggest some ebooks/websites that i can start with.....which explains the .NET interface components also
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    : db
    :
    I am comming from a similar background (Borland implemented C++). MSDN is extremely helpful, but finding relevant articles can be extremely time consuming. Learning .NET requires learning some new syntax. Microsoft Press has a series of .NET books based on which ever language you prefer. In my personal experience jumping from C++ Builder to VC++ was almost traumatic :p. I have discovered however, that once you have a little knowledge of VC++, diving into .NET isn't so bad. In fact, I've been able to develop applications with .NET in literally half the time.
    I would go to Barnes & Noble and check out some of the C++ .NET books there. It's worked pretty well for me.

Sean
  • mombawambamombawamba Member Posts: 35
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I program well in C,C++ using TC
    : : I want to learn .NET/VC++ ... can you suggest some ebooks/websites that i can start with.....which explains the .NET interface components also
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : db
    : I am comming from a similar background (Borland implemented C++). MSDN is extremely helpful, but finding relevant articles can be extremely time consuming. Learning .NET requires learning some new syntax. Microsoft Press has a series of .NET books based on which ever language you prefer. In my personal experience jumping from C++ Builder to VC++ was almost traumatic :p. I have discovered however, that once you have a little knowledge of VC++, diving into .NET isn't so bad. In fact, I've been able to develop applications with .NET in literally half the time.
    : I would go to Barnes & Noble and check out some of the C++ .NET books there. It's worked pretty well for me.
    :
    : Sean
    :

I have also been programming in C/C++ for several years and want to learn the .NET structure. However, when I looked on the Web for books they all pointed toward ASP.NET, VB.NET, and C#.NET programming. Am I just looking in the wrong places? If so, could you point me in the right direction? Any help would be wonderful!