URGENT !!! escaping #

Hi,

I am trying to print a html code to a web page using PERL. One of the lines i want to print is :-

#default#VML

Now this is being interpreted as :-

method 'default' not found in App::Page=HASH(0x517cd60)VML.

I tried doing #default#VML but it does not work ... it simply prints it as it is, namely #default#VML (with the back-slahes!!)
I have to print #default#VML in the final HTML file.
PLEASE help!!

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I am trying to print a html code to a web page using PERL. One of the lines i want to print is :-
    :
    : #default#VML
    :
    : Now this is being interpreted as :-
    :
    : method 'default' not found in App::Page=HASH(0x517cd60)VML.
    :
    : I tried doing #default#VML but it does not work ... it simply prints it as it is, namely #default#VML (with the back-slahes!!)
    : I have to print #default#VML in the final HTML file.
    : PLEASE help!!
    :
    How about shoving in the HTML escapes for #?

#default#VML

Sadly, HTML escape codes also have a # in. Why do you need to escape the # anyway? I'm not familiar with App::Page...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• HI Jonathan,

I have tried your solution too but it print it as it is and not
    #default#VML
    The App::Page is my class. So it has nothing to do with the error. This problem is due to interpretation by PERL. it interprets #default# as some kind of a function and VML as some Hash.
  • : I have tried your solution too but it print it as it is and not
    : #default#VML
    I knew it would do that, though didn't know if that would be a problem.

: The App::Page is my class. So it has nothing to do with the error.
    : This problem is due to interpretation by PERL. it interprets
    : #default# as some kind of a function and VML as some Hash.
    :
    Can you post a small test case script that demonstrates this behaviour? A # normally denotes a comment, I've never before seen it used as hash related notation.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• [b][red]This message was edited by liquidthoughts at 2004-5-3 3:38:41[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi Jonathan,

I finally got the work around. I included the troublesome line in an external style sheet and using the @import directive of CSS i used it in the page. That way i avoided my code from screwing up the VML directive directly.

But i really do appreciate your attempt at assisting me.

Thank you so much!!

By the way, I am located in India and plan to start me own software company soon. I have 10 - 15 software engineer friends who are ready to work for me. They are hard working and very brilliant. We are only lacking in the fact that we do not have software projects to work on. If you could help me in that too, as in, get some outsorce projects for us from your country or from some of your friends and we can split the profits with you. Please consider this as a business proposal and consider it seriously. My email address is given below.

Aslam Shareef
    [email protected]
    Software Engineer
    Network Security Solutions
    India.