Making C-style DLL's With VB? Like *.cpl

Hey,

I kinda know this isn't possible, but I am going to have to ask anyway:
To make a CPL file (System Configuration screen add-on, or whatever you call it.. I aint english!) you need to export certain functions, that are used by the system to implement the CPL file. Does anyone know how to do this in any VB project... Cause all VB normally exports is, i believe, the COM model!

Greets...
Richard

Comments

• : I kinda know this isn't possible, but I am going to have to ask anyway:
    : To make a CPL file (System Configuration screen add-on, or whatever you call it.. I aint english!) you need to export certain functions, that are used by the system to implement the CPL file. Does anyone know how to do this in any VB project... Cause all VB normally exports is, i believe, the COM model!
    :

Do you want to make a cpl or replace/add a page to an existing one? The first can't be done in VB, AFAIK, but the second can because the pages are ActiveX controls.
  • P.S.:

<<... System Configuration screen add-on, or whatever you call it.. I aint english! ...>>

[b]C[/b]ontrol [b]P[/b]ane[b]l[/b] extension
  • : Do you want to make a cpl or replace/add a page to an existing one? The first can't be done in VB, AFAIK, but the second can because the pages are ActiveX controls.
    :

Ok, thank you. But how could you replace or add a page? Sounds interesting... ;-)

Greets...
    Richard

• : Ok, thank you. But how could you replace or add a page? Sounds interesting... ;-)
    :

I don't know for 100% sure that you can. I do know you can add property sheet pages to the properties for a file and that part of the example source code indicates that "This member is only called for control panel pages". That indicates to me that it is possible, somehow...