Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to compress bmps in a table?

mbrmbr Member Posts: 1
Hi. I have lots of bitmaps stored in a table. It is now more than 150MB. Id like to see it compressed inside a BLOB. What way can I do it? Compression must be lossless!

Comments

• greatsoftgreatsoft Member Posts: 3
    : Hi. I have lots of bitmaps stored in a table. It is now more than 150MB. Id like to see it compressed inside a BLOB. What way can I do it? Compression must be lossless!
    :

As there are lots of ways one can do it, I suppose you want to achieve this goal the easiest way, right? :) Well, you can
    1. Use rar/zip or smth alike to zip first and then fetch into a BLOB.
    2. Better way is to use Easy Compression Library from ComponentAce.com. It supports TStream and lots of adjustments.
    3. Yet the best way is to leave the work to DB itself. There is a good goodie from same ComponentAce called Absolute Database. Compression of a BLOB is supported by this engine as well as many other features. I myself use it.

• antor54antor54 Member Posts: 1
    : : Hi. I have lots of bitmaps stored in a table. It is now more than 150MB. Id like to see it compressed inside a BLOB. What way can I do it? Compression must be lossless!
    : :
    :
    : As there are lots of ways one can do it, I suppose you want to achieve this goal the easiest way, right? :) Well, you can
    : 1. Use rar/zip or smth alike to zip first and then fetch into a BLOB.
    : 2. Better way is to use Easy Compression Library from ComponentAce.com. It supports TStream and lots of adjustments.
    : 3. Yet the best way is to leave the work to DB itself. There is a good goodie from same ComponentAce called Absolute Database. Compression of a BLOB is supported by this engine as well as many other features. I myself use it.
    :
    :

Using rar or zip is hemorrhoidal way, believe me.
  • blackdogblackdog Member Posts: 1
    : : : Hi. I have lots of bitmaps stored in a table. It is now more than 150MB. Id like to see it compressed inside a BLOB. What way can I do it? Compression must be lossless!
    : : :
    : : As there are lots of ways one can do it, I suppose you want to achieve this goal the easiest way, right? :) Well, you can
    : : 1. Use rar/zip or smth alike to zip first and then fetch into a BLOB.
    : : 2. Better way is to use Easy Compression Library from ComponentAce.com. It supports TStream and lots of adjustments.
    : : 3. Yet the best way is to leave the work to DB itself. There is a good goodie from same ComponentAce called Absolute Database. Compression of a BLOB is supported by this engine as well as many other features. I myself use it.
    :
    : Using rar or zip is hemorrhoidal way, believe me.
    :

Absolute Database rules. Very handy component.