intercept phone calls

Do you ever wonder how, when you call a big buisness, a machine answers you, and it says "press 1 if you want to ..."

Does anyone know how to do this?

_____ __________ _____
_____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____

Comments

• : Do you ever wonder how, when you call a big buisness, a machine answers you, and it says "press 1 if you want to ..."
    :
    : Does anyone know how to do this?
    :
    :
    :
    : _____ __________ _____
    : _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    :
    :

A computer, with a modem and some software. The computer 'picks up' the phone and then plays a predefined sound file. Now my guess is that the numbers you type in on your phone are specially coded and sent to the other end in a special way (could be mistaken though).

Greets...
    Richard

• : : Do you ever wonder how, when you call a big buisness, a machine answers you, and it says "press 1 if you want to ..."
    : :
    : : Does anyone know how to do this?
    : : _____ __________ _____
    : : _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    :
    : A computer, with a modem and some software. The computer 'picks up' the phone and then plays a predefined sound file. Now my guess is that the numbers you type in on your phone are specially coded and sent to the other end in a special way (could be mistaken though).
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    :
    :

Yeah, I get that part. What I don't get is the "some software" part. How do I create the "some software"?

_____ __________ _____

• :
    : Yeah, I get that part. What I don't get is the "some software" part. How do I create the "some software"?
    :
    :
    : _____ __________ _____
    : _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    :
    :
    :

"Some software" is a program that can access the modem (wouldn't have a clue) and that has a simple menu in it, accessable through the buttons on the phone of the 'user'. It also has a way to output sound to the modem. The hard part is the control/use of the modem. After that, it shouldn't be so hard!

Greets...
    Richard

• : :
    : : Yeah, I get that part. What I don't get is the "some software" part. How do I create the "some software"?
    : : _____ __________ _____
    : : _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    :
    : "Some software" is a program that can access the modem (wouldn't have a clue) and that has a simple menu in it, accessable through the buttons on the phone of the 'user'. It also has a way to output sound to the modem. The hard part is the control/use of the modem. After that, it shouldn't be so hard!
    :
    : Greets...
    : Richard
    :
    :

Controlling the modem ain't that hard.

AT - Attention! All command strings start with this.
    A - Autoanswer.
    H - Hang up
    Z - Reset, I think
    D - Dial
    T - Touchtone
    W - Pause
    Sxx=yy - Modify register entry xx to value yy.
    S11 - ms duration of tones
    S8 - sec Duration of pause, I think
    M0-M3 - Mute status. I won't even try to tell you which one's which but I think 0 is "speaker on while connecting, then off" which is the "normal" method we're used to.
    L0-L3 - Speaker volume Level.

Example command string:

ATM0L1S11=50S8=1DT5555555

All command strings must end with CrLf as well.

The hard parts seem to be recieving the keys, recording or outputting sound and getting caller ID info.

Google search:

"Hayes compatible" "AT command set"

The list of commands is quite a large one but you'd never need most of them.
  • : : :
    : : : Yeah, I get that part. What I don't get is the "some software" part. How do I create the "some software"?
    : : :
    : : : _____ __________ _____
    : : : _____-[red]SUPERJOE30[/red]-_____
    : : "Some software" is a program that can access the modem (wouldn't have a clue) and that has a simple menu in it, accessable through the buttons on the phone of the 'user'. It also has a way to output sound to the modem. The hard part is the control/use of the modem. After that, it shouldn't be so hard!
    : : Greets...
    : : Richard
    :
    : Controlling the modem ain't that hard.
    :
    : AT - Attention! All command strings start with this.
    : A - Autoanswer.
    : H - Hang up
    : Z - Reset, I think
    : D - Dial
    : T - Touchtone
    : W - Pause
    : Sxx=yy - Modify register entry xx to value yy.
    : S11 - ms duration of tones
    : S8 - sec Duration of pause, I think
    : M0-M3 - Mute status. I won't even try to tell you which one's which but I think 0 is "speaker on while connecting, then off" which is the "normal" method we're used to.
    : L0-L3 - Speaker volume Level.
    :
    : Example command string:
    :
    : ATM0L1S11=50S8=1DT5555555
    :
    : All command strings must end with CrLf as well.
    :
    : The hard parts seem to be recieving the keys, recording or outputting sound and getting caller ID info.
    :
    : Google search:
    :
    : "Hayes compatible" "AT command set"
    :
    : The list of commands is quite a large one but you'd never need most of them.
    :
    Hi i work for a telecommunications company and we use this software all the time it is called iptelephony it sits in ur office sum where it is a box the size of an xbox this is the thing that intercepts calls and does the managment voice u r talking about the software is speacially designed to work with that piece of hardware as it all works on a lan so u can answer ur calls on a phone manager through your computer. avaya is the company that does it check them out for some nore info u may be able to find sum answers by the descriptions they give u of there software the site is www.avaya.com
    hope it helped
    from
    mark

• _____ __________ _____