Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

convert languages? + what language should i use for ..

hi,
i have 2 questions..

1. Is there a way to convert programming languages?
like from vb to c++ or to another (for mac and linux)

2. I wan't to make a webbrowser.. what is the best languague i should use? -It must be a very good one (and easy) for Gui (graphical user interface

-I must be able to let it open html files without programming that whole progress... (i can use the internet explorer plugin for vb)

-It would be very good if it's able to compile mac and linux applications...

should i use visual basic? vb.net?? how to convert to mac and linux?

plz help me out.. everything u tell me, i learn..

Comments

• ITAITA Member Posts: 463
    : hi,
    : i have 2 questions..
    :
    : 1. Is there a way to convert programming languages?
    : like from vb to c++ or to another (for mac and linux)
    :
    : 2. I wan't to make a webbrowser.. what is the best languague i should use? -It must be a very good one (and easy) for Gui (graphical user interface
    :
    : -I must be able to let it open html files without programming that whole progress... (i can use the internet explorer plugin for vb)
    :
    : -It would be very good if it's able to compile mac and linux applications...
    :
    : should i use visual basic? vb.net?? how to convert to mac and linux?
    :
    : plz help me out.. everything u tell me, i learn..
    :
    :

It's probably a bad idea to use a .NET language if you want cross compatibility over a range of platforms like you said. If I was to complete this task then I would use C++ combined with some sort of cross platform library like Qt or wxWidgets. Using Qt makes it very easy to convert to different platforms - all that is needed is to recompile on that platform. Qt is also quite simple to use compared to Windows programming for example.

Hope some of this helps,

ITA

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"