"Make ... your homepage"- more advanced features

Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)

planar

-------------------------------

Hi,
:
: How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
:
: Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
:
: Thanks,
:
: VB Newbie
:

Look at this:

Add to favorite list

Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

Hope that it help you.
Alexey

Comments

• : Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
    : This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
    : Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)
    :
    : planar
    :
    : -------------------------------
    :
    :
    :
    : Hi,
    : :
    : : How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
    : : Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
    : : Thanks,
    : : VB Newbie
    :
    : Look at this:
    :
    :
    :
    : Add to favorite list
    :
    :
    : Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

:
    : Hope that it help you.
    : Alexey
    :
    :
    Sure, just add the script to the OnLoad() event and you're done. But remember: this is considered bad practice and will deter visitors from your page.
  • : : Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
    : : This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
    : : Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)
    : : planar
    : : -------------------------------
    : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
    : : : Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : VB Newbie
    : : Look at this:
    : : Add to favorite list
    : : Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

: : Hope that it help you.
    : : Alexey
    -----
    : Sure, just add the script to the OnLoad() event and you're done. But remember: this is considered bad practice and will deter visitors from your page.
    -------------:
    Could you be more detail with this? Just show code sample you mean. Will this avoid popup alerts? Although I also consider this as poor marketing practique, nevertheless its interesting test some nonstandard solutions and approaches. There is nothing harmful, since it does not change any registry settings.

planar
  • : : : Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
    : : : This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
    : : : Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)
    : : : planar
    : : : -------------------------------
    : : : Hi,
    : : : :
    : : : : How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
    : : : : Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
    : : : : Thanks,
    : : : : VB Newbie
    : : : Look at this:
    : : : Add to favorite list
    : : : Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

: : : Hope that it help you.
    : : : Alexey
    : -----
    : : Sure, just add the script to the OnLoad() event and you're done. But remember: this is considered bad practice and will deter visitors from your page.
    : -------------:
    : Could you be more detail with this? Just show code sample you mean. Will this avoid popup alerts? Although I also consider this as poor marketing practique, nevertheless its interesting test some nonstandard solutions and approaches. There is nothing harmful, since it does not change any registry settings.
    :
    : planar
    :
    If you want to know more, you should check out the W3Schools site (http://www.w3schools.com/). Here is the sample code you asked for:
    [code]

[/code]
    If you want to do more than just this, you can always write a function and call that in the onLoad().
  • There's no way to stop the confirmation boxes though, at least that I - or many people at all - know of. If there was, you can imagine the sort of havoc that would ensue. It would completely remove the point of having a home page.
  • : : : : Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
    : : : : This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
    : : : : Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)
    : : : : planar
    : : : : -------------------------------
    : : : : Hi,
    : : : : :
    : : : : : How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
    : : : : : Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
    : : : : : Thanks,
    : : : : : VB Newbie
    : : : : Look at this:
    : : : : Add to favorite list
    : : : : Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

: : : : Hope that it help you.
    : : : : Alexey
    : : -----
    : : : Sure, just add the script to the OnLoad() event and you're done. But remember: this is considered bad practice and will deter visitors from your page.
    : : -------------:
    : : Could you be more detail with this? Just show code sample you mean. Will this avoid popup alerts? Although I also consider this as poor marketing practique, nevertheless its interesting test some nonstandard solutions and approaches. There is nothing harmful, since it does not change any registry settings.
    : : planar
    : If you want to know more, you should check out the W3Schools site (http://www.w3schools.com/). Here is the sample code you asked for:
    : [code]
    :
    : [/code]
    : If you want to do more than just this, you can always write a function and call that in the onLoad().
    ------------------------------------------------------
    But set startpage/homepage on page loading not work, it seems.

• I'm trying to develop an active desktop interface for the project I'm working. Depending upon what I'm doing, I need to change the web page displayed on the desktop. Due to some auto-resizing java I use, I have to reset the homepage every time I change the desktop so that it continues to display properly.

WHAT I NEED:

java script that will reset my homepage when I switch pages. What's been discussed here is very relevant to what I need, but I'm not proficcient enough in java to apply it. Can someone assist?

Thanks in advance, Mike

: : : : : Couple of months ago here was discussed thread how to set 'auto homepage'script(script that will set the site as user startpage/homepage and add web site to visitor's bookmark(favourites) by click in button).
    : : : : : This script are not full-automatic, since require interaction-click on buttons.
    : : : : : Is there way make this script work automatically at visiting/loading page? (for target MSIE 6.0, of course)
    : : : : : planar
    : : : : : -------------------------------
    : : : : : Hi,
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : How can i make a button to make the site the "startpage/homepage" in the users browser?
    : : : : : : Second question: is it also possible to set the page into the favourites section in the browser?
    : : : : : : Thanks,
    : : : : : : VB Newbie
    : : : : : Look at this:
    : : : : : Add to favorite list
    : : : : : Make ReplSoft Your Homepage

: : : : : Hope that it help you.
    : : : : : Alexey
    : : : -----
    : : : : Sure, just add the script to the OnLoad() event and you're done. But remember: this is considered bad practice and will deter visitors from your page.
    : : : -------------:
    : : : Could you be more detail with this? Just show code sample you mean. Will this avoid popup alerts? Although I also consider this as poor marketing practique, nevertheless its interesting test some nonstandard solutions and approaches. There is nothing harmful, since it does not change any registry settings.
    : : : planar
    : : If you want to know more, you should check out the W3Schools site (http://www.w3schools.com/). Here is the sample code you asked for:
    : : [code]
    : : [/code]
    : : If you want to do more than just this, you can always write a function and call that in the onLoad().
    : ------------------------------------------------------
    : But set startpage/homepage on page loading not work, it seems.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :