using Delphi DLL in VC++

I currently wrote a Delphi DLL. I can use it perfectly in VB.NET but when I try to use it in VC++ i get problems.

the problem is: i can call the exported function once and get the current value back, however if I call the function again, it returns the last value for that function.

//Delphi 7 Code:
function GetBufferIndex1(): byte; export; stdcall;
begin
Result := ReadBuffer[1];
end;

exports GetBufferIndex1;

//VC++ Code:
#include
#include
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
HINSTANCE LoadMe;
LoadMe = LoadLibrary("xbcdrc.dll");

typedef unsigned char (__stdcall *CreateFn)();
CreateFn LibMEP;

unsigned char x;

LibMEP = (CreateFn)GetProcAddress(LoadMe, "GetBufferIndex1");
x = LibMEP();
LibMEP = (CreateFn)GetProcAddress(LoadMe, "GetBufferIndex1");
x = LibMEP();

FreeLibrary(LoadMe);
return 0;
}

When I restart the application it will return a new value. I am sure that the DLL is correct to most extent because VB.NET has no problems with it. I am not sure if there is a problem with the Delphi DLL code or with the way I am calling the DLL in VC++

Any and all help is appreciated.

Comments

• : I currently wrote a Delphi DLL. I can use it perfectly in VB.NET but when I try to use it in VC++ i get problems.
    :
    : the problem is: i can call the exported function once and get the current value back, however if I call the function again, it returns the last value for that function.
    :
    : //Delphi 7 Code:
    : function GetBufferIndex1(): byte; export; stdcall;
    : begin
    : Result := ReadBuffer[1];
    : end;
    :
    : exports GetBufferIndex1;
    :
    :
    : //VC++ Code:
    : #include
    : #include
    : int main(int argc, char* argv[])
    : {
    : HINSTANCE LoadMe;
    : LoadMe = LoadLibrary("xbcdrc.dll");
    :
    : typedef unsigned char (__stdcall *CreateFn)();
    : CreateFn LibMEP;
    :
    : unsigned char x;
    :
    : LibMEP = (CreateFn)GetProcAddress(LoadMe, "GetBufferIndex1");
    : x = LibMEP();
    : LibMEP = (CreateFn)GetProcAddress(LoadMe, "GetBufferIndex1");
    : x = LibMEP();
    :
    : FreeLibrary(LoadMe);
    : return 0;
    : }
    :
    : When I restart the application it will return a new value. I am sure that the DLL is correct to most extent because VB.NET has no problems with it. I am not sure if there is a problem with the Delphi DLL code or with the way I am calling the DLL in VC++
    :
    : Any and all help is appreciated.
    :
    You only need to call GetProcAddress() once. It will simply return the pointer to the procedure. Perhaps the name-mangling of C causes a difference in procedure pointers. Or C might reset any open file handles upon calling GetProcAddress(). These are the only things I can come up with, which might cause the problem.