Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Add-user-to-list + cookie

w00terw00ter Member Posts: 2
Hey guys !!

I was wondering if any of you know of a certain script that enables website visiters to submit their name, and it'll get added to a 'list' which is in view on the website? A plus would be if it would also store a cookie on the submitters PC, so that user can also delete his/her own name, and not the others.

The reason I'm asking this, is because I've been searching for days for something that enables me to create this, whether it's a script to submit tasks, story's or whatever.
The idea is very simple.. and I dont think it'll be a very complicated script.

If anyone is able to point me in the right directions, it would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

w00ter

Comments

• netgertnetgert Member Posts: 331
    : Hey guys !!
    :
    : I was wondering if any of you know of a certain script that enables website visiters to submit their name, and it'll get added to a 'list' which is in view on the website? A plus would be if it would also store a cookie on the submitters PC, so that user can also delete his/her own name, and not the others.
    :
    : The reason I'm asking this, is because I've been searching for days for something that enables me to create this, whether it's a script to submit tasks, story's or whatever.
    : The idea is very simple.. and I dont think it'll be a very complicated script.
    :
    : If anyone is able to point me in the right directions, it would be very much appreciated!!
    :
    : Thanks in advance!
    :
    : Best wishes,
    :
    : w00ter
    :
    :
    You should learn how to use MySQL databases
    you can add an entry like this:
    mysql_query("INSERT INTO users(name) VALUES(name='{$_POST[name]}')");
    and delete like this:
    mysql_query("DELETE FROM users WHERE name='{$_COOKIE[name]}')");
    BUT! : cookies can be edited, so people can actually delete other peoples names, better think of a secure way, like storing username + pasword hash in cookie (some security experts dont even recommend this method)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]