Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Oracle Reports to Excel file

lobojasonlobojason Member Posts: 8
HI,

I have an Oracle report, which is given an SQl query to retreive certain records.

The report has a layout where the data should appear, and it also has calculating fields which computes Maximum,count , avg and certain other totalling functions.

I want the same way how data is represented in Oracle reports to be put into an Excel file, with atleast the same formatting...

Please this is urgent, EVEN if u have any idea how this could be done like in any programming language or using some import or export function, or if there are any 3rd party tools........please let me know........

J

Comments

• shrekshrek Member Posts: 18
    hi,
    there is a report properties called 'distribution' in the oracle reports developer. u can set for example rtf format text. if report is not much complicated u can open it in excel and it's working quite well.

• lobojasonlobojason Member Posts: 8
    [b][red]This message was edited by lobojason at 2004-9-23 10:26:27[/red][/b][hr]
    Hi shrek,
    thank you for the reply......

I have tried it out.

By doing it the way u suggested, the format of the report is not maintained in excel....well the format is very important...

Do u have any more suggestions, Please advise....

J LO
    n.b.: by the way I liked Shrek 2...

: hi,
    : there is a report properties called 'distribution' in the oracle reports developer. u can set for example rtf format text. if report is not much complicated u can open it in excel and it's working quite well.
    :
    :

• vjmanvjman Member Posts: 1
    At www.more4apps.com you can download a PL/SQL package called Excel-Out that installs a concurrent request with output that opens directly to Excel. The query is listed in one of the fields on the form and you can change it to create your own report with Excel output.
  • amanda01amanda01 Member Posts: 10
    Rep2excel * An Oracle Report to Excel Converter ... Generate a report file in html or htmlcss format by oracle report server.

-Grahm
    [link=http://www.oneclickcommissions.com/excel-reports.html]Excel Reports[/link]