Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using Installshield Express to add Registry settings for ODBC alias

[b][red]This message was edited by mac_doggie at 2004-10-4 4:9:58[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

I have written a database application and want to distribute it with a little help of Installshield Express.

I looked for the registry keys that where set for the ODBC and filled them in in the Installshield program, see : www.mac-doggie.nl/schoonheim/ODBC%20installatieprobleem/ODBC.html

As you can see in the result screenshot the ODBC ALIAS was created, but no database was assigned to it. Can anyone tell me wich other registry keys I should add ?

And the Key's I have add, are they the same on all PC's ? Or could they differ... ?

How do I get this to work.

;-)
-mac-
mailto:[email protected]
the Netherlands...

Comments

• softmansoftman Member Posts: 157
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have written a database application and want to distribute it with a little help of Installshield Express.
    :
    : I looked for the registry keys that where set for the ODBC and filled them in in the Installshield program, see : www.mac-doggie.nl/schoonheim/ODBC installatieprobleem/ODBC.html
    :
    : As you can see in the result screenshot the ODBC ALIAS was created, but no database was assigned to it. Can anyone tell me wich other registry keys I should add ?
    :
    : And the Key's I have add, are they the same on all PC's ? Or could they differ... ?
    :
    : How do I get this to work.
    :
    :
    : ;-)
    : -mac-
    : mailto:[email protected]
    : the Netherlands...
    :
    :
    The URL u gave us is not working. Did you think of the following?
    http://www.mac-doggie.nl/schoonheim/ODBC installatieprobleem/ODBC.html
    \///
    /O O
    | | |
    | _ |
    ___/
    SoftMan

• mac_doggiemac_doggie Member Posts: 488
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have written a database application and want to distribute it with a little help of Installshield Express.
    : : I looked for the registry keys that where set for the ODBC and filled them in in the Installshield program, see : www.mac-doggie.nl/schoonheim/ODBC installatieprobleem/ODBC.html
    : : As you can see in the result screenshot the ODBC ALIAS was created, but no database was assigned to it. Can anyone tell me wich other registry keys I should add ?
    : : And the Key's I have add, are they the same on all PC's ? Or could they differ... ?
    : : How do I get this to work.
    : : ;-)
    : : -mac-
    : : mailto:[email protected]
    : : the Netherlands...
    : The URL u gave us is not working. Did you think of the following?
    : http://www.mac-doggie.nl/schoonheim/ODBC installatieprobleem/ODBC.html
    : \///
    : /O O
    : | | |
    : | _ |
    : ___/
    : SoftMan
    :
    :

Indeed I did. I changed it in the original message, sorry... But do you know the answer to my question..?
    ;-)
    -mac-
    mailto:[email protected]
    the Netherlands...