Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

float precision + TADODataSet

_yilmaz_yilmaz Member Posts: 150
Hi all;

I have a table in MS Access and it has a float field in it. I retrieve the records of this table by using a TADODataSet.

But a float number that resides in the physical table as 4,3 is displayed as 4,30000019073486.

I changed the precision of TFloatField and also in MS Access table, but this does not work. What should I do?

Thanx,
_yilmaz

Comments

• MasterijnMasterijn Member Posts: 188
    : Hi all;
    :
    : I have a table in MS Access and it has a float field in it. I retrieve the records of this table by using a TADODataSet.
    :
    : But a float number that resides in the physical table as 4,3 is displayed as 4,30000019073486.
    :
    : I changed the precision of TFloatField and also in MS Access table, but this does not work. What should I do?
    :
    : Thanx,
    : _yilmaz
    :
    It seems that the float is of a single type with has a accuracy about 7/8 digits (it's not 10 but 2 based, that's why you get ...19073486).

If the accuracy is good enough than just format the value with less digits. Otherwise choose a double precision type in access-table.

• rajsharajsha Member Posts: 75
    : : Hi all;
    : :
    : : I have a table in MS Access and it has a float field in it. I retrieve the records of this table by using a TADODataSet.
    : : But a float number that resides in the physical table as 4,3 is displayed as 4,30000019073486.
    : : I changed the precision of TFloatField and also in MS Access table, but this does not work. What should I do?
    : : Thanx,
    : : _yilmaz
    : It seems that the float is of a single type with has a accuracy about 7/8 digits (it's not 10 but 2 based, that's why you get ...19073486).
    :
    : If the accuracy is good enough than just format the value with less digits. Otherwise choose a double precision type in access-table.
    :
    :
    :
    You can mask the property of the DBEdit or Edit with a mask such as #.000 where 0 is added for every decimal place. You can format the number with roundto(number,-X) where x is an integer for the number of decimal places, in this case u will have to add the Maths unit to Uses