Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Populating text box from drop down list box

AmnestyAmnesty Member Posts: 6
Hello,

I have a webform I built using ASP.net and C#. I have a drop down list box in my form. What I want to try and do is when the user selects a certain item in the drop down list box I would like to populate a text box depending on what the user selects. For example I have a question that ask the user to select their level of education and they select it from the drop down list box. If they happen to select "High School/GED" I would like to populate a text box with "N/A" and if they selected "College" I would like to keep the text box blank and have them fill in the type of degree they hold. How would I go about doing something like this? Any help would be great. Thank you

James

Comments

• asp.netasp.net Member Posts: 1
    James,

You can do like this.
    'High School/GED
    If dropdownlist1.selectedindex=0 then
    textbox.visible = true
    textbox.text="N/A"
    elseif dropdownlist1.selectedindex=1 then
    textbox.visible = true
    textbox.text=""
    end if

: Hello,
    :
    : I have a webform I built using ASP.net and C#. I have a drop down list box in my form. What I want to try and do is when the user selects a certain item in the drop down list box I would like to populate a text box depending on what the user selects. For example I have a question that ask the user to select their level of education and they select it from the drop down list box. If they happen to select "High School/GED" I would like to populate a text box with "N/A" and if they selected "College" I would like to keep the text box blank and have them fill in the type of degree they hold. How would I go about doing something like this? Any help would be great. Thank you
    :
    : James
    :

• singhrohit82singhrohit82 Member Posts: 33
    Hi James,

At first you need to set the AutoPostback Event of dropdown control to true. then on its "SelectedIndexChanged" Event. you can

use

ctrlname.selecteditem.text to check what value is selected and then u can show ur own custom text in the text box.