SR Java Engineer Needed in San Diego - Permanent

Attention Java Programmers -

My name is Kristin Jiles and I am the President and Lead Candidate Scout for eSearchPro, Inc. which is a technology related executive search firm servicing the nation and based in San Diego, CA. I have a very hot position for a SR. Java Developer that would be located here in San Diego. This is for a retained client of mine that is willing to provide a fully paid relocation for the right person. The link and job description are below and if you are interested, please email me right away at kristin@esearchpro.com.

Warm regards,

Kristin Jiles
----------------------------

LINK TO POSITION: http://www.esearchpro.com/Job Descriptions/F-SRSWE-CA.htm

Position: Senior Software Engineer
Salary: Up to $110K Annually

Job Description
Our client is seeking a talented senior-level software engineer with extensive experience in Java/J2EE to join our team building financial tools and marketing software aimed at the financial industry. We are looking for an individual who is both business savvy and takes pride in their work, treating software development as a true craft. This position is akin to a Master Craftsman who spends their time both creating exceptional software products, and mentoring the other members of the team on how to become a Craftsman themselves. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of delivering high quality software products in a variety of environments. The candidate must be up-to-date and an expert in Java-based technologies, but will also have a strong foundation in general computer science curricula. The candidate must also have a strong working knowledge of modern software development techniques, including variations of agile software development methodologies, as well as traditional methodologies. The development team will be distributed between two locations, putting heavy demands on the candidates ability to communicate clearly and effectively.

The position will be located in their new San Diego office, and although candidates outside of San Diego will be considered, there is no relocation reimbursement offered for this position.

Responsibilities
~Primarily perform object-oriented design/development of new software products and secondarily maintain existing applications.
~Work with internal design organization to take functional/technical requirements and collaboratively build technical specifications. Specifications will be communicated using UML as a common communication media.
~Lead development process by example following test-first development strategies.
~Review code developed by others to suggest better approaches and maintain quality of code.
~Help evolve development culture and processes to improve efficiency and quality of final product.
~Explore and advise on different technical approaches to problems upon request and provide understanding of new technologies that may impact or help the organization.

Required qualifications:
~The position requires over 10 years experience in commercial software development.
~BSCS or BSEE, or equivalent experience.
~Significant professional industry experience with Java/J2EE, and web application development. Specifically looking for recent J2EE development experience with Struts, JSP tag libraries, JSTL and J2EE application servers.
~Technical knowledge of and development experience with Windows and UNIX platforms, Oracle databases, XML and multi-threaded programming techniques.
~Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
~Strong analytical skills and knowledge of software development methodologies, with emphasis on agile-development methodologies, use of UML, test-driven development, etc. is a plus.
~An understanding of financial concepts and calculations desired, but not mandatory.