Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Having trouble with configuring mail account in outlook express 5

[b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]

Hai friends,

I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was [email protected]'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Comments

• BeitiBeiti Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

I guess your SMTP-server needs authentication, that means you have to check a box on the extended-page of your account-configuration saying "Use authentication for smtp" ... "same as pop".

(Might sound a bit different, as I use a german windows, but the sense should be the same).

Have a nice day!
    Seb.

: [b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : Hai friends,
    :
    : I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs
    :
    : The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was [email protected]'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    :

• sethuramansidsethuramansid Member Posts: 7

Thank you sir, Now my problem solved.

: Hi,
    :
    : I guess your SMTP-server needs authentication, that means you have to check a box on the extended-page of your account-configuration saying "Use authentication for smtp" ... "same as pop".
    :
    : (Might sound a bit different, as I use a german windows, but the sense should be the same).
    :
    : Have a nice day!
    : Seb.
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by sethuramansid at 2005-1-6 11:24:27[/red][/b][hr]
    : :
    : : Hai friends,
    : : I had my email account in eth.net. I configure it in outlook express 5 as the incoming mail server as pop3,incoming mail(pop3) as pop3.eth.net and outgoing mail(smtp) as smtp.eth.net. When I try to send a mail, the following error message occurs
    : : The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was [email protected]'. Subject 'asdfiuapsidfup', Account: 'pop3.eth.net', Server: 'smtp.eth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
    :
    :