Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Combine Command button with timer.... plz help

RooftopRooftop Member Posts: 10
Hi all, i want to make simulation of my handphone in Visual Basic 6.0
So the first command i must make is how to turn on and turn off it.
But i want to make it like my handphone, if i hold the Cancel button for about 3 second then it will automaticly turn off (when my sistem condition is on) and turn it on while my sistem condition is off.
So i quess i need timer and command button.But it's my first time to use timer so anyone can help me please....

Thank you for your repply.

Comments

• BarkeeperBarkeeper Member Posts: 335
    : Hi all, i want to make simulation of my handphone in Visual Basic 6.0
    : So the first command i must make is how to turn on and turn off it.
    : But i want to make it like my handphone, if i hold the Cancel button for about 3 second then it will automaticly turn off (when my sistem condition is on) and turn it on while my sistem condition is off.
    : So i quess i need timer and command button.But it's my first time to use timer so anyone can help me please....
    :
    : Thank you for your repply.
    :
    :

Check out the "MouseDown"-Event.

Small Example:
    Start a new project and add a Command-Button and a Timer to the Form.
    Set the Enabled-Property of the Timer to false and the Intervall to 3000
    (Interval is the Time between two Timer-Events in Milliseconds, so 3000=3 Seconds
    Add following code:

Private Sub Command1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

Timer1.Enabled = True

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()

MsgBox "The Button was held down for 3 seconds"
    [b]Put here your Code you want to be processed like "App.Shutdown" or "App.Boot"[/b]
    Timer1.Enabled=False

End Sub

Run the Programm and click on the Command-Button and hold it down. There should popup a Message-Box.
    ------------------------------------------
    Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    the universe. A. Einstein

• RooftopRooftop Member Posts: 10
    : : Hi all, i want to make simulation of my handphone in Visual Basic 6.0
    : : So the first command i must make is how to turn on and turn off it.
    : : But i want to make it like my handphone, if i hold the Cancel button for about 3 second then it will automaticly turn off (when my sistem condition is on) and turn it on while my sistem condition is off.
    : : So i quess i need timer and command button.But it's my first time to use timer so anyone can help me please....
    : :
    : : Thank you for your repply.
    :
    : Check out the "MouseDown"-Event.
    :
    : Small Example:
    : Start a new project and add a Command-Button and a Timer to the Form.
    : Set the Enabled-Property of the Timer to false and the Intervall to 3000
    : (Interval is the Time between two Timer-Events in Milliseconds, so 3000=3 Seconds
    : Add following code:
    :
    : Private Sub Command1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    :
    : Timer1.Enabled = True
    :
    : End Sub
    :
    : Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    :
    : MsgBox "The Button was held down for 3 seconds"
    : [b]Put here your Code you want to be processed like "App.Shutdown" or "App.Boot"[/b]
    : Timer1.Enabled=False
    :
    :
    : Run the Programm and click on the Command-Button and hold it down. There should popup a Message-Box.
    : ------------------------------------------
    : Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    : are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    : the universe. A. Einstein
    :
    : thanks for the repply, but when i try it i don't need to hold it down to quit my program....
    Maybe because when i click the command button, the timer count to 3 seconds(3000ms) then execute my program, so it doesn't care about the hold down or just release it immediately

• Mike_AB1Mike_AB1 Member Posts: 49
    : : : Hi all, i want to make simulation of my handphone in Visual Basic 6.0
    : : : So the first command i must make is how to turn on and turn off it.
    : : : But i want to make it like my handphone, if i hold the Cancel button for about 3 second then it will automaticly turn off (when my sistem condition is on) and turn it on while my sistem condition is off.
    : : : So i quess i need timer and command button.But it's my first time to use timer so anyone can help me please....
    : : :
    : : : Thank you for your repply.
    : : Check out the "MouseDown"-Event.
    : : Small Example:
    : : Start a new project and add a Command-Button and a Timer to the Form.
    : : Set the Enabled-Property of the Timer to false and the Intervall to 3000
    : : (Interval is the Time between two Timer-Events in Milliseconds, so 3000=3 Seconds
    : : Add following code:
    : : Private Sub Command1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    : : Timer1.Enabled = True
    : : End Sub
    : : Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    : : MsgBox "The Button was held down for 3 seconds"
    : : [b]Put here your Code you want to be processed like "App.Shutdown" or "App.Boot"[/b]
    : : Timer1.Enabled=False
    : : End Sub
    : : Run the Programm and click on the Command-Button and hold it down. There should popup a Message-Box.
    : : ------------------------------------------
    : : Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    : : are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    : : the universe. A. Einstein
    : : thanks for the repply, but when i try it i don't need to hold it down to quit my program....
    : Maybe because when i click the command button, the timer count to 3 seconds(3000ms) then execute my program, so it doesn't care about the hold down or just release it immediately
    :
    :

You need to disable timer on MouseUp event this will help to avoid from unwanted execution.
    Also disable timet on the form_mousemove event:

Private Sub cmdCancel_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    Timer1.Interval = 3000
    Timer1.Enabled = True

End Sub

Private Sub cmdCancel_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    Timer1.Enabled = False
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

'''This will prevent execution if ueser will move cursor out of button while holding the button
    Timer1.Enabled = False

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()

Timer1.Enabled = False
    Call MsgBox("The Button was held down for 3 seconds")

End Sub

Mike.
  • RooftopRooftop Member Posts: 10
    : : : : Hi all, i want to make simulation of my handphone in Visual Basic 6.0
    : : : : So the first command i must make is how to turn on and turn off it.
    : : : : But i want to make it like my handphone, if i hold the Cancel button for about 3 second then it will automaticly turn off (when my sistem condition is on) and turn it on while my sistem condition is off.
    : : : : So i quess i need timer and command button.But it's my first time to use timer so anyone can help me please....
    : : : :
    : : : : Thank you for your repply.
    : : : Check out the "MouseDown"-Event.
    : : : Small Example:
    : : : Start a new project and add a Command-Button and a Timer to the Form.
    : : : Set the Enabled-Property of the Timer to false and the Intervall to 3000
    : : : (Interval is the Time between two Timer-Events in Milliseconds, so 3000=3 Seconds
    : : : Add following code:
    : : : Private Sub Command1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    : : : Timer1.Enabled = True
    : : : End Sub
    : : : Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    : : : MsgBox "The Button was held down for 3 seconds"
    : : : [b]Put here your Code you want to be processed like "App.Shutdown" or "App.Boot"[/b]
    : : : Timer1.Enabled=False
    : : : End Sub
    : : : Run the Programm and click on the Command-Button and hold it down. There should popup a Message-Box.
    : : : ------------------------------------------
    : : : Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    : : : are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    : : : the universe. A. Einstein
    : : : thanks for the repply, but when i try it i don't need to hold it down to quit my program....
    : : Maybe because when i click the command button, the timer count to 3 seconds(3000ms) then execute my program, so it doesn't care about the hold down or just release it immediately
    :
    : You need to disable timer on MouseUp event this will help to avoid from unwanted execution.
    : Also disable timet on the form_mousemove event:
    :
    : Private Sub cmdCancel_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    : Timer1.Interval = 3000
    : Timer1.Enabled = True
    :
    :
    :
    : Private Sub cmdCancel_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    : Timer1.Enabled = False
    :
    :
    : Private Sub Form_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    :
    : '''This will prevent execution if ueser will move cursor out of button while holding the button
    :
    :
    :
    : Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    :
    : Call MsgBox("The Button was held down for 3 seconds")
    :
    :
    : Mike.
    :
    Yayyy it works... thank you very much ^^ you're my savior