Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is it possible import executable files from PC to Unix ?

I have (unfortunately) very little knowledge of Unix environments.
As i only know VB6, the only thing i could do, in order to install an executable file on a SUN, is writing the code on the PC, generate the .EXE and then import it to the SUN.
Do you think this is possible ?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : I have (unfortunately) very little knowledge of Unix environments.
    : As i only know VB6, the only thing i could do, in order to install an executable file on a SUN, is writing the code on the PC, generate the .EXE and then import it to the SUN.
    : Do you think this is possible ?
    : Thanks in advance
    :

I'm fairly certain that VB6 EXE's will not run on Unix/Linux. You would need a platform independent language such as Java.
  • faustotestafaustotesta Posts: 8Member
    : : I have (unfortunately) very little knowledge of Unix environments.
    : : As i only know VB6, the only thing i could do, in order to install an executable file on a SUN, is writing the code on the PC, generate the .EXE and then import it to the SUN.
    : : Do you think this is possible ?
    : : Thanks in advance
    : :
    :
    : I'm fairly certain that VB6 EXE's will not run on Unix/Linux. You would need a platform independent language such as Java.
    :
    Thanks
  • melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    You could, of course, run a Windows emulator on UNIX, but that'd be overkill - unless there's no other way for you to program for UNIX...

: As i only know VB6, the only thing i could do, in order to install an executable file on a SUN, is writing the code on the PC, generate the .EXE and then import it to the SUN.
    :

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• kumawat_chandikumawat_chandi Posts: 1Member
    :
    Yes It is possible by mounting the data to Unix just by giving a command mount -vfat hda3 ./mnt/windows
    after this you will get your data in Unix and you can access from it any further correspondence regarding this can be asked to my E-mail address as [email protected]

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : : I have (unfortunately) very little knowledge of Unix environments.
    : : As i only know VB6, the only thing i could do, in order to install an executable file on a SUN, is writing the code on the PC, generate the .EXE and then import it to the SUN.
    : : Do you think this is possible ?
    : : Thanks in advance
    : :
    : Yes It is possible by mounting the data to Unix just by giving a command mount -vfat hda3 ./mnt/windows
    : after this you will get your data in Unix and you can access from it any further correspondence regarding this can be asked to my E-mail address as [email protected]

Of course you can move files between systems, but that won't make them RUN.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]