Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

RS232+ boot.hex

I have a device that utilizes a PIC16F877A as it's mcu. The device has a RS232 connector and I also have a boot.hex file for the 877A. But I'm unclear as to how it all works. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• AsAdiAsAdi Member Posts: 117
    [b][red]This message was edited by AsAdi at 2005-3-9 2:11:17[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a device that utilizes a PIC16F877A as it's mcu. The device has a RS232 connector and I also have a boot.hex file for the 877A. But I'm unclear as to how it all works. Any help appreciated.
    :
    You probably have to upload that hex file toward your device via rs232,but you must know what's the baud rate and serial bit prottocol.Maybe all these exists in the device manual.And you must put the device in the downloading state too,this is must be mentioned in its manual.But if there is no any manual and application for uploading,you have to try with all bauds and bit protocols and you have to suppose your device in downloading state once you turn it on.
    Considering your device in download state,you can use a program for uploading.A lot of these type program are on the net,and on this site too,I put one which I developed using vc++,you can search for it with this keyword "TxRx",there is source code included too,you can change it as you like.But I guess you can't upload hex file in this way,because it includes addresses too,so you have to convert it to a binary file using some programs like hex2bin.exe which removes addresses and produces pure binary code.