Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

*URGENT* Imbedding programs in a Programmable IC

Greetings friends,

Just wanted to ask anyone if they have any idea on how to input programs in a PIC? Its really important since its for my grad thesis. If anyone has any idea (even a rough sketch will do) please dont hesistate to email me at [email protected] We just need to knw what is the process involved in this matter....from what we know...
*Place the program on Turbo C
*Use a compiler to convert the TurboC to the language of the PIC
*Load the info on the PIC
*Test the PIC

Is the steps on the right sequence? please we really need help....Also if anyone has an idea on how to toggle with AT Hayes Programming it would also be apprecated....

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Member Posts: 57

Nope.. You cannot just use turbo C for this purpose.It is for x86 platform. You can use C language but with a different compiler. Try using MPLAB from microchip.
    www.microchip.com
    Evaluation version of the MPLAB is free to download. If you are not able to download such a big file, I can convert your C file to the HEX file which can be downloaded to the PIC micro.
    Many programmers are available for downloading the HEX file to the PIC.

Regards,
    Johnson

: Greetings friends,
    :
    : Just wanted to ask anyone if they have any idea on how to input programs in a PIC? Its really important since its for my grad thesis. If anyone has any idea (even a rough sketch will do) please dont hesistate to email me at [email protected] We just need to knw what is the process involved in this matter....from what we know...
    : *Place the program on Turbo C
    : *Use a compiler to convert the TurboC to the language of the PIC
    : *Load the info on the PIC
    : *Test the PIC
    :
    : Is the steps on the right sequence? please we really need help....Also if anyone has an idea on how to toggle with AT Hayes Programming it would also be apprecated....
    :