Need help creating a window...

Hey my name is Ryan and I've recently started porting an old DOS 3D game I made in QB4.5 to Win32, but I can't figure out how to make a window, and when I followed an example I found on the web, I couldn't put text or draw lines or anything in it. Is there somebody who can contact me with info on creating a window, but explain to me what each setting/command does? All I can do is get a window up with a title, move it and resize it. Any help on how to make a window and draw text/lines in it would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Ryan

Comments

• What kinda 3d game is it? I might have some code to help you, but I am curious

as to the type of game you have.

: Hey my name is Ryan and I've recently started porting an old DOS 3D game I made in QB4.5 to Win32, but I can't figure out how to make a window, and when I followed an example I found on the web, I couldn't put text or draw lines or anything in it. Is there somebody who can contact me with info on creating a window, but explain to me what each setting/command does? All I can do is get a window up with a title, move it and resize it. Any help on how to make a window and draw text/lines in it would be GREATLY appreciated.

:

: -Ryan

:

• It isn't much. It is a role playing game. If you want my old QBasic4.5 version I could email you a copy. I have figured out some basics, but now I can't figure out how to make windows redraw the screen once per loop. I have been able to draw some lines and make text appear on the screen though. I'm still basically BLIND to Windows programming though. None of it makes sense to me. Win3.11 programming I learned in a week or two, but Win32 has had me stumped for a month now.

-Ryan

: What kinda 3d game is it? I might have some code to help you, but I am curious

: as to the type of game you have.

:

: : Hey my name is Ryan and I've recently started porting an old DOS 3D game I made in QB4.5 to Win32, but I can't figure out how to make a window, and when I followed an example I found on the web, I couldn't put text or draw lines or anything in it. Is there somebody who can contact me with info on creating a window, but explain to me what each setting/command does? All I can do is get a window up with a title, move it and resize it. Any help on how to make a window and draw text/lines in it would be GREATLY appreciated.

: :

: : -Ryan

:

:

:

• Trust me, that game might seem much to you, but its alot for someone else.

If you can send me the game for playing, Id be happy to send you any

source code that might help. ( I am too busy in school and dont have too much

time for game programming.)

I have been programming in c++ for a while with a basic compiler, I just

got VC6 last week, so I have been able to download and run alot of cool

windows programs.

For example, DX DRAWING,DxSound, Some Keyboard Input, Mouse Input etc.

The hard part is putting all this code together. The other hard part is getting a

3d graphics program.

It isn't much. It is a role playing game. If you want my old QBasic4.5 version I could email you a copy. I have figured out some basics, but now I can't figure out how to make windows redraw the screen once per loop. I have been able to draw some lines and make text appear on the screen though. I'm still basically BLIND to Windows programming though. None of it makes sense to me. Win3.11 programming I learned in a week or two, but Win32 has had me stumped for a month now.

:

: -Ryan

:

: : What kinda 3d game is it? I might have some code to help you, but I am curious

: : as to the type of game you have.

: : : Hey my name is Ryan and I've recently started porting an old DOS 3D game I made in QB4.5 to Win32, but I can't figure out how to make a window, and when I followed an example I found on the web, I couldn't put text or draw lines or anything in it. Is there somebody who can contact me with info on creating a window, but explain to me what each setting/command does? All I can do is get a window up with a title, move it and resize it. Any help on how to make a window and draw text/lines in it would be GREATLY appreciated.

: : :

: : : -Ryan

: : :

:

:

:

URL:http://fastway.to/sergiospage