Trouble with Compiling using Quick C 2.5

Hey All. I am trying to compile a very large program in a QC25 environment, using a MAKEFILE. I don't know much about C, but I have not changed the program since the last modification yet, so it is definately a compiler problem.

Here is what happens when I use the nmake command:

qcl /c /AL /w3 /GZ /FPi87 /Ifdc /ox /zp2 /ze /fotmpobjdmenus.obj csdmenus.c

fatal error c1060 : Compiler out of far heap space
NMAKE: fatal error U1077: 'qcl': return code '2'
Stop.

I'm really hoping someone can help me here, since I've been trying to figure this out for 3 weeks.

Comments

• : Hey All. I am trying to compile a very large program in a QC25 environment, using a MAKEFILE. I don't know much about C, but I have not changed the program since the last modification yet, so it is definately a compiler problem.
    :
    : Here is what happens when I use the nmake command:
    :
    : qcl /c /AL /w3 /GZ /FPi87 /Ifdc /ox /zp2 /ze /fotmpobjdmenus.obj csdmenus.c
    :
    : fatal error c1060 : Compiler out of far heap space
    : NMAKE: fatal error U1077: 'qcl': return code '2'
    : Stop.
    :

[blue]why are you trying to link dmenus.obj with dmenus.c? You can't have two files with the same name. Otherwise, my guess about the error is that dmenus.c is too big even for the large memory model, but without seeing the code its impossible to tell for sure.[/blue]

• I'm sorry if this betrays my ignorance, but how do you change the memory model?

Cale

: : Hey All. I am trying to compile a very large program in a QC25 environment, using a MAKEFILE. I don't know much about C, but I have not changed the program since the last modification yet, so it is definately a compiler problem.
    : :
    : : Here is what happens when I use the nmake command:
    : : qcl /c /AL /w3 /GZ /FPi87 /Ifdc /ox /zp2 /ze /fotmpobjdmenus.obj csdmenus.c
    : : fatal error c1060 : Compiler out of far heap space
    : : NMAKE: fatal error U1077: 'qcl': return code '2'
    : : Stop.
    :
    : [blue]why are you trying to link dmenus.obj with dmenus.c? You can't have two files with the same name. Otherwise, my guess about the error is that dmenus.c is too big even for the large memory model, but without seeing the code its impossible to tell for sure.[/blue]
    :
    :
    :

• : I'm sorry if this betrays my ignorance, but how do you change the memory model?
    :
    : Cale
    :

/AL is the Large memory model
    /AH -- huge
    /AS -- small
    /AM -- mediem
    /AC -- compac